THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats all! I went to this comp last year and it was my first (just visiting). Clark from Wyocena Yacht Club was great to chat with and really explained things to me well. The samples were wonderful as well :) I was hoping to have more time this year, but was just able to stop in for an hour towards the end of turn in when everyone was so busy. I sure was surprised to see how well this site was represented!

Hope to see some of you in Fond Du Lac in a couple weeks...I should have more time to say hi :)

Clark - Did you do a dessert this year? hehe

Last edited:
Congrats all! I went to this comp last year and it was my first (just visiting). Clark from Wyocena Yacht Club was great to chat with and really explained things to me well. The samples were wonderful as well :)
Clark - Did you do a dessert this year? hehe
Thanks do0d. We had an awful lot of people hanging around our pit this year as we prepped turn ins. Everyone was really nice, and we shared some of our stuff, but it was all pretty good this year and we decided to take home as much as we could. Were you amongst the crowd? Allow me to apologize in advance if I don't recall speaking to you last year. I have a tendency to talk to anyone who shows an interest, and that turns out to be a lot of folks sometimes.
We did not do a desert. 4 turn ins is enough for us.
Have fun in Fon du Lac in a couple of weeks. I would like to be able to do that one, but I have a commitment at the Pardeeville Watermelon Festival that weekend.

I did briefly run around, but you looked very busy so I didn't want to bother you and had to keep moving. I'm not surprised you don't remember me from last year...I wouldn't if I were you. haha. I think the only memorable thing about that convo was that I was drinking beer out of a pitcher instead of a glass :) SpammyQ stopped over and after talking for a while you guys suggested I check out this site. Over the past year I've become waay more interested in this competition bbq thing so you'll prolly hear from me more often.
Dessert...heh. Its an interesting category. I only saw/sampled one and wasn't impressed. I'm with you and stick to the meat :)

Sorry I won't see you in Fond Du Lac! Have fun in Pardeeville!

Back