lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
Buffalo Grill Fried Chicken Wings

Entry into Finger Foods Throwdown

I found a package of wings in the freezer, what better to do with them than to make Buffalo Chicken Wings?

Prep work -

Flats and drums separated, wing tips discarded. Heavily salted as a dry brine, to be left uncovered in the fridge to dry out the skin -

Seasoned with a mixture of flour, baking powder and more salt and out onto the Weber they go using the SnS, running pretty hot and on the indirect side of the grill -

Hit 'em with EVOO after 20 mins, flip them and oil that side. Then two more 20 minute sessions, flipping and rotating for evenness. After an hour they've crisped up just as they should -

Buffalo Sauce getting the final pats of butter -

And they're tossed in the sauce -

Dinner is served -

There is just something about making these Grill Fried Wings on the Weber where they turn out perfect every time. I can't seem to replicate this crispiness on the Golden's for some reason, it must be the proximity of the wings to the heat source of the Slow n Sear. So the Weber will continue getting the call when I make these.

As the pics indicate, these were darn good!

Thanks for checking in on today's dinner.

Regards,
-lunchman

Holy Moly Dom!

Incredible wings. I miss them since I can't find fresh wings locally anymore.

Thanks, all. For those needing the recipe, it's on the Adrenaline BBQ YouTube channel (Now SnS Grills).

Just look for the video re: Buffalo Grill Fried Wings. I've made these numerous times and they've always turned out great.

Back