Brother looking for a great beef jerky marinade recipe

104timberwolf

Full Fledged Farker
First try curing beef jerky on my Assassin GF. I'm looking for any tried and true marinade recipes that the Brethren use. Thanks in advance!

I've used a few recipes from jerkyholic.com with good results. There are a lot of options there to match up with your tastes. I liked the "rig hand" recipe last time I tried it.

What flavor profile are you looking for? Savory, Heat, Sweet? Do you want a well balanced combination of them all? Do you want to the beef to really stand out above all other flavors, or do you want to over power it with soy sauce?

Dale's, Moore's, and Allegro marinades all make good starting points. I especially like the Allegro hot and spicy.

My favorite go to now days would be whiskey jerky.
Marinade overnight OR use a Marinade Express to vacuum it in. This is some of the best jerky I have ever made and I've made a bunch for family and friends through the years.
I always make jerky in my Big Chief Smoker and it has never failed me.

2 pound London broil strips. We slice into 1/4 x1/4 inch strips.

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup whiskey (cheaper the better)

1 cup soy sauce

3/4 cup cider vinegar

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

8 drops liquid hickory smoke

2 pound London broil strips

1 cup whiskey (cheaper the better)

This only goes so far. For uses like this, I buy something I won’t mind drinking the rest of.

I learned this lesson when I was making a maple-bourbon BBQ sauce. I went to the store to get some bourbon and saw Cabin Fever Maple Flavored Whiskey. I thought “Yeah, why not, that fits…”

It didn’t make a very good BBQ sauce and was absolutely HORRID to drink.

I do this in the dehydrator and love it.

I think it would be awesome on the smoker as well, just leave the bong water out of the marinade.

(I don’t use the tenderizer, either).

Last edited:
Back