THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old Dave

Full Fledged Farker
Wanted to try a Brisket on the Cobb with it’s small 12” in diameter cooking grid and the wife found me a nice brisket flat that weighed just 5.24 pounds that looked pretty good. This piece of meat is still 4-5” wider than the cooking grid but I think it will work without cutting it into a couple of pieces with my beer can trick.

DSC03771.jpg

Trimmed it of some excess fat.

DSC03772.jpg

Wife injected it with some Cattleprod from BPS.

DSC03773.jpg

Rubbed with a heavy sprinkle of butcher cut black pepper and then a moderate sprinkle of SGH rub.

DSC03774.jpg

Bagged it and placed it into the fridge for an overnight stay.

DSC03775.jpg

DSC03776.jpg

On cooking day, I placed the beer can in the center of that small round grid and then draped the brisket over it. As soon as my grill was on temp at about 300-325 degrees, I carried it out and placed it on the Cobb. I also added large foil packet of Jack Daniels white oak barrel chips to the fire at this time.

DSC03778.jpg

Finally a cool morning at 54 degrees and I got the brisket started at about 5:30am.

DSC03780.jpg

About two hours into the cook as I added more charcoal and wood chips.

DSC03781.jpg

At about three hours into the cook and with an internal temp of about 175 degrees, I wrapped the brisket with about 3oz some liquid goodies.

DSC03787.jpg

DSC03785.jpg

Around five hours into the cook, I had a probe tender brisket at about 202-205 internal degrees so I pulled it off and let it rest about 45 minutes before I sliced it for the table.
Sure had a nice smoke ring.

DSC03788.jpg

DSC03789.jpg

I made up a “Texas BLT Sandwich” which consists of brisket, lettuce, and tomato but also added some Swiss cheese and horsey sauce.

DSC03791.jpg

Sure made a nice lunch.

I've got a Cobb. New-never used. Love seeing it in action n

Back