Brisket and fatty chilli

Diesel Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Well as with others here, I had some leftover brisket and a fatty I did on Sunday. So I figured with a rain day and needing some rest I'd just trow some stuff together for chilli.

So into the crockpot went some chopped up brisket
A fatty all broken up
Chopped up tomatoes
Kidney beans
Pinto beans
Roasted jalapeno pepper chopped up
Roasted Pablano pepper chopped up
Roasted garlic (3 cloves)
A small onion roasted of course
Some mild chilli mix

Later near the end added corn and some baby bella mushrooms.

This is the only pic I got as I was really tired, ok lazy........worked 18 hrs the day before. Also made some jalapeno cornbread muffins to go with it.
But everyone loved it and my wife said this could win a chilli cook off :shock:
She usually says my stuffs good but this time she was being nicer than normal :laugh:

Thanks for lookin in

Also, I've never considered corn for chili. I can see a sweet yellow corn REALLY adding a nice touch to the overall savoryness (OK, not a word, but hey...). I'm trying this out next time.

That looks delicious, I always add mushroosm to my chili and always use sausage over any other meat, I will be adding in Brisket if there happens to be any left over after my next cook, usually I am up a creek on leftovers though. :hungry:

Thank you all very much!

Ok Texas guys.....chilli without beans ain't chilli to us Northerners :laugh:

Guerre, the corn does add a nice flavor. Besides it's my wife's favorite vegetable. As I said I add it at the end, like the last 30 minutes of the cook so it still has that "pop" to it and it's not over cooked.

Bill, the jalapeno corn bread muffins were something I got here, from cowgirl if I'm not mistaken. I take one pepper and roast it, on the grill or over the stove maybe 10 minutes. Then de-seed it and chop it up fine, then mix it into Jiffy corn bread mix with one egg and 1/2 can of creamed corn, then bake. If you've never tried this I'm betting you'll love it. Not much heat if any since it's not got the seeds, and a real good flavor.

There was only one bowl left over and that went to dad to reheat for supper as he wasn't home the day I made it.

Thanks again everyone

Jiffy? JIFFY?!? :tsk:

OK, I'll be honest. It's been years, a decade even, but I HAVE made tarted up Jiffy muffins with a little honey and chopped walnuts added in. I can easily see a chopped chipotle in adobo being added. Hmmmmm...

Sounds real tasty.

But guess how fast the corn bread was done........................................................:laugh:

Back