THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pmad

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
I am smoking two slabs tomorrow.
Trimmed and rubbed today.
Took the trimmings and rubbed with Taco seasoning.
Seared.
Braised in beer, poblanos, jalapeño, onion, cilantro.
Then shredded and mixed with some of leftover braised vegetables.
Served with Bloody Mary made with some braised vegetables and rib rub.

Tacos have cilantro and pickled onions.

Attachments

Last edited:
I usually turn my rib tips into sausage fodder but that’s a pretty great idea as well, and you can never go wrong with tacos. May have to give that a whirl :thumb:

Awesome idea! I always threw rib trimmings on the smoker for pit master samples. But pulling it with taco seasonings.......I have to process this....synapses sparking...

I usually turn my rib tips into sausage fodder but that’s a pretty great idea as well, and you can never go wrong with tacos. May have to give that a whirl :thumb:

Awesome idea! I always threw rib trimmings on the smoker for pit master samples. But pulling it with taco seasonings.......I have to process this....synapses sparking...

I'm with you gents. We really enjoy rib tips on the smoker... BUT...

I could seriously get behind using a batch of trimmings and tips for tacos. I'll have to simmer on this for a bit, too. Plans forming in the back of my nugget as we speak.

Back