Boone County Dissapointment

NEWS FLASH !!!!! After a signifigant amout of pressure applyed by the MOFOs, Organisers have raised the GC to $750.00 and Reserve to $ 500.00 :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap .

Way to go guys!!

Spice

Now you guys know why I stay home, smoke Q all the time and don't spend a thousand trying to win a hundred. Besides, I need my money for film.
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!
Everybody have a GREAT weekend. Spice Man? Wish me luck tonight and it ain't about no BBQ.
Smoke On

That's great news, Jay! Did he raise more $$$ or did he nix the idea of paying $10 to 10th place in each category and on up? Personally, I'd just pay top five and give a ribbon to 6 through 10 anyway.

Oops... just checked my email. Got the same message that the fair board voted to increase payout as long as there are a minimum of 36 teams signed up. Haven't seen how many are yet but I replied and asked that question.

kickassbbq said:
Now you guys know why I stay home, smoke Q all the time and don't spend a thousand trying to win a hundred. Besides, I need my money for film.
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!
Everybody have a GREAT weekend. Spice Man? Wish me luck tonight and it ain't about no BBQ.
Smoke On

It's not about the money Ed. It was just the principle of the thing. Especially given that gas prices have gone up 20 cents a gallon in the last two weeks or so here!

I agree. It's not about the money except to the organizers!!!! They ain't doin' it for nothing. Money, money, money. Be nice if for the love of BBQ, they would pay out what they take in. Ain't happenin'.
Smoke On!!!!

Back