SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Bill
Well whaddaya know!

P-20230318-103107.jpg

I kinda like it. Fairly well made. This unit has these 2 little "air fryer" baskets below. Never seen this before!

Pricey at $849 Aussie Peso's. I do like it though. I think it will be popular.

I was just looking at one of those today at the hardware store, although this one had two air fryer drawers and one warming drawer, and a bit larger I assume, and it was $599 Canadian Pesos or somewhere around there. They must be shipping them first class!

Seems a bit pricey at $567US, Are there no, more local, options?

Plenty of flat tops here, but not that fancy. I'm sure Blackstone will bring in some basic models at some stage.

Very nice. Is this in your future Bill

Probably not George. I have a small flat top and one way or another I will be moving away from here. Really not sure what's at the other end of the journey.

This model is about $450 at the box store here in the U.S.
For shipping it must have had its own cabin on the boat.

Things in Australia are always more expensive. Shipping is one thing. Operating costs are another. Oz is an expensive place to live.

I had a 36 with 4 burners. It took up too much of my cooking area so i sold it and got a 28 with 2 burners and it sucked. Ended up taking it back and got a 22 with 2 burners,a hood, and travel stand. Perfect even temps, and enough cooking area for a small gathering. Besides, i have so many other outdoor cooking grills/smokers for everything but burgers and cheesesteaks.

IMO the 28 should have at minimum, 3 burners.

Last edited:
I had a 36 with 4 burners. It took up too much of my cooking area so i sold it and got a 28 with 2 burners and it sucked. Ended up taking it back and got a 22 with 2 burners,a hood, and travel stand. Perfect even temps, and enough cooking area for a small gathering. Besides, i have so many other outdoor cooking grills/smokers for everything but burgers and cheesesteaks.

IMO the 28 should have at minimum, 3 burners.

I noticed that some of the higher end Blackstone’s have gone to U shaped burners vs the straight ones. Two of those I think are sufficient for a 28” — no idea which design was used in the OP.

I noticed that some of the higher end Blackstone’s have gone to U shaped burners vs the straight ones. Two of those I think are sufficient for a 28” — no idea which design was used in the OP.

This was back in 2020 when i sold my 36" (it was original straight burners) I am pretty sure they switched to U shape way before 2020 so i would think the 28" 2 burner i bought was U shape? I will have to check my 22" to see if its U shape, if so, then im sure the 28" must have been U shape.

Are you sure they are still manufacturing straight burners?

I never checked in the burner shape. I'll have a look next time I'm in there.

If it's not a U shape it certainly wont get hot enough.

This was back in 2020 when i sold my 36" (it was original straight burners) I am pretty sure they switched to U shape way before 2020 so i would think the 28" 2 burner i bought was U shape? I will have to check my 22" to see if its U shape, if so, then im sure the 28" must have been U shape.

Are you sure they are still manufacturing straight burners?

Nope, and a quick look online isn’t helping at all either as I see replacement burners that include a type of “H” shape ones too. Maybe it did all switch over. I have one of the original 36” ones with the front grease drain so really haven’t been following all that closely.

Okay, spent a little more time looking online. Looks like the 28” now have H style burners — though not the cast H style you’d see on a really high end grill like Lynx or Firemagic. It looks like they have pretty good spread. The 36” still looks to have the straight tubes they always did. Not seeing a U burner anywhere even though I swear I saw one in a store recently on one of their higher end 28” ones.

Last edited:
Back