THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I keed... I keed..

THIS is my new cooker!!!

:biggrin1:

Yea, I know, all those great suggestions and in the end...
I went Weber.

Go figure.

Last edited:
Another Kamado vote here. I have the Primo Oval XL and can feed a small army with it.

For versatility, get a Ceramic. Can do it all. Yes, they weigh a bit more (think of it as greater stability), but you will be happy with the results.

Dude, man up and buy a kamado then come back and thank us later. :-D

I also vote Kamado... Loving my oval xl!

I'm with Moose - my Vision (which I was lucky to score for $249) has been an amazing cooker so far. I started using mine last fall and cooked on it all winter so far. As much as I love my Webers (I've got a 22", 18", Smokey Joe and a Weber Q), I think they will be sitting idle most of the summer. The kamado is so much more efficient and turns out great food. The only downfall that I can see to my Vision is I'm going to want a larger sized kamado at some point.

I don't see parting with my Smokey Mountain cooker, I'll still use it for larger cooks, bacon makin' and such but the Vision will see more use than any other grill I own this summer. :thumb:

The Kamado almost won.
I looked at the Acorn and the Vision. Both were real nice looking cookers, but in the end I found the Copper Performer in my buggy and I couldn't be happier!

Interesting responses, to "other than a weber". I have Jumbo Joe, 22.5, WSM 22.5 and the Ranch Kettle. I'm nearly an empty nester w/ 4 older kids and if not a weber I would look at the PK Grill or Hasty Bake. PK Grill for simplicity. Good reviews and a nice practical size.

Interesting responses, to "other than a weber". I have Jumbo Joe, 22.5, WSM 22.5 and the Ranch Kettle. I'm nearly an empty nester w/ 4 older kids and if not a weber I would look at the PK Grill or Hasty Bake. PK Grill for simplicity. Good reviews and a nice practical size.

I think a Hasty Bake is in my future for sure. :thumb:

So......

......this WAS a trick question, after all......

Apparently :icon_blush:

I was asking for suggestions, it didn't mean I was going to take any of them.
:loco:

I just couldn't walk out without this shiny new grill in my possession.

Last edited:
I hate to admit this, but my wife got me hooked onto Pinterest a while back. Unfortunately, after I built my UDS, I taught myself how to weld.

Combine looking at other grill/smokers that others have welded, with a new found hobby of welding, well, that says it all. BUILD YOUR OWN. When I'm ready for another, I'm going to build my own smoker/grill, to fit not only the space I'll use it in, but also make it to fit my own cooking needs.

Back