Beef Ribs on the Goldens'

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
This is the first time I've ever made these in all the years I've been grilling. Either my grocery store had very little on hand or the price was more than I was willing to pay, but last week I picked up two packages of Beef Back Ribs.

My understanding is that Beef Short Ribs have much of the meat on top of the bone, which these did so perhaps they were mislabeled. Doesn't matter, they still turned out great despite this being a first time for me. My hat's off to Chef Tom from atbbq.com for his excellent videos re: trimming techniques which I used. I've actually been binge watching a lot of his videos over the past few weeks.

Let's get to some pics.

The beef ribs, some of which have been trimmed, a few remaining to have their silverskin and fat layer removed. The 3 on the right looked exactly like the one to the left prior to trimming -

I finally invested in a decent boning knife, a relatively inexpensive Victorinox which did an excellent job. Cut a tab to hold onto, then trim keeping my fingers out of the way. What an excellent technique -

All trimmed and ready for seasoning. I dry brined them for a few hours, then made up a batch of Big Bad Beef rub from amazingribs.com, but added a bit of Cumin to the mix -

The Goldens' was set up for indirect with a grate temp around 275-300 or so. After about an hour on the grill I'm seeing some nice pullback -

At about 2 hours in to the cook, there's more pullback and they're probing easier but they're not done. It's time to put on some seasoned potatoes for baking -

I honestly had no idea how long these would take. 3 hours? 5 hours? They were probing quite tender at around 3 hours and ready to come off the grill -

Resting -

Plated with the baked potato and some oven roasted cauliflower -

A definite success, meat was tender and they tasted great! I'd buy these again in a heartbeat.

As always, thanks for checking out this post and Sunday dinner!

Regards,
-lunchman

nice cook. That's the most common way I find them in my area.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back