THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SmokinJohn

Babbling Farker
Sometimes I feel the need...the need for feed...

I was making some curry and rice for the Mrs. It is fairly labor-intensive, but has spots of dead time. So on the way home I plotted and planned about what else to make.

I looked in the pantry and saw these:

IMG_3024.JPG

They are called Orca Beans. Another variety is called vaquero.
Anyway, I wanted to try pressure cooking them. I know. Sacrilege. But they were done in 35 minutes total time.
IMG_3028.JPG

Bam!
While that was cooking, I roasted the hatches I picked up Tuesday.
IMG_3022.JPG

IMG_3027.JPG

And set them aside to cool.
PSA: wear gloves. I normally am not affected by handling peppers, but these hatches did a number on my hands and other body parts that don't bear mentioning.
By now, I'm getting tired, but I'm hungry. I don't want to go through another big production, so I think chile relleno!
But I did the lazy man's way.....
IMG_3030.JPG

IMG_3033.JPG

IMG_3036.JPG

Tada!
Omelette with Hatch chiles and pepper jack cheese!
BTW: I added some of those hatches to a smoked cheese sauce I made in my secret underground lab, and mixed it with some mac...
No pics, but it *might* make an appearance at the Socal Bash as a test dish....
...but wait, there's more.....after cowgirl called herself lazy in a previous thread, I couldn't pass up....
IMG_3040.JPG

IMG_3042.JPG

IMG_3044.JPG

IMG_3045.JPG

no blender / dicing chile shot...sorry...

IMG_3047.JPG

Salsa!

Back