THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[QUOTE

side note: i think it's kind of funny how Myron took a jab at Chris Lilly in season 1, that he "sold out" while Myron is out breaking his back week-in and week-out at competitions. a couple years later Myron has a book deal and is a television judge. nothing against Myron, but it seems kind of hypocritical...[/QUOTE]

Myron is still actively competing according to his twitter account. I don't know how many comps he's taking on but he's got a TV gig, cooking schools, and is still on the circuit. And adding a restaurant in South Beach. Love him or hate him, he's still "putting his a$$ on the line" a little more than some guys.

Myron is still actively competing according to his twitter account. I don't know how many comps he's taking on but he's got a TV gig, cooking schools, and is still on the circuit. And adding a restaurant in South Beach. Love him or hate him, he's still "putting his a$$ on the line" a little more than some guys.

i'm neutral to Myron -- love his conviction but a little humility never hurt anyone. just think it's funny that it went from "week-in and week-out" to, well, clearly not that often anymore, while he himself is also becoming a restauranteur. strange how time changes people, even if only a little bit :biggrin1:

Myron does still compete. We competed against him this past weekend in Dillard, GA. Old South got Grand! Now I can't say that he actually cooked there but he was there in his directors chair with his son, Michael Mixon, of Jack's New South.

The subsequent seasons show us how these folks are evolving for sure - first season Myron pokes a jab at Johnny Trigg for cooking on a $12K rig, while by now Myron rolls in his Battle Wagon. And what's a Georgia boy gonna do with a restaurant in South Beach? Reminds me of that Pace Picante sauce commercial. " Noo Yawk City?!!?" :grin:

side note: i think it's kind of funny how Myron took a jab at Chris Lilly in season 1, that he "sold out" while Myron is out breaking his back week-in and week-out at competitions. a couple years later Myron has a book deal and is a television judge. nothing against Myron, but it seems kind of hypocritical...

Jacks Old South has been out 5 times this year and GC'd 3 of them.

The subsequent seasons show us how these folks are evolving for sure - first season Myron pokes a jab at Johnny Trigg for cooking on a $12K rig, while by now Myron rolls in his Battle Wagon. And what's a Georgia boy gonna do with a restaurant in South Beach? Reminds me of that Pace Picante sauce commercial. " Noo Yawk City?!!?" :grin:

Myron had the Battlewagon in season one. And the comparison in cookers you are referring too I believe was one of his water smokers compared to Tuffy's Jambo. Myron talks a lot of ****e....but he backs it up. Personally I'm a big fan of Myron :) regarding the restaurant, I doubt he'll be there tending the pit a whole lot, so I wonder how well it will do. You are correct however that they have evolved a lot.

Back