Barbacoa and Pulled Beef

KevinJ

somebody shut me the fark up.
ShadowDriver posted a Barbacoa cook a week or so ago which I had never heard of (thanks Marc) and the recipe he likes to use.

Had a 7lb Chuck Roast split it into 3lb and 4lb Roasts, the 3lb was seasoned with S&P for the Barbacoa, the other with Oakridge BBQ Smoky Chili Lime Finishing Salt and course Black Pepper. Smoked these at 290, around 3hrs in the roast for Barbacoa was panned, the other roast wrapped in Butcher Paper until probe tender and after resting pulled for pulled beef. I'll use it for Tacos and most likely Chili.

Seasoned

cTaOwYd.jpg

On the smoker, using Weber Briquettes, Pecan and Hickory Chunks for smoke.

exYat2S.jpg

2hrs in looking good.

AzMTn5E.jpg

Roast for the Barbacoa panned, the other roast is wrapped.

BQdTLUu.jpg

Barbacoa

G7koL48.jpg

Pulled Beef

DPWhI4N.jpg

Topped with Tomatillo and Hatch Chili Salsa

Jb18M0N.jpg

Wife made Lime Rice with Black Beans and Green Chilis for a side.

EGV9Pqy.jpg

Sorry about the pics, not my best but the cook turned out great and the Barbacoa was outstanding, will be making it again, soon.

Looks great! I've done Pepper Stout Beef a few times and love it. Gonna have to give Barbacoa a try after seeing this...

Looks great! I've done Pepper Stout Beef a few times and love it. Gonna have to give Barbacoa a try after seeing this...
I've been a big fan of PSB for a long time, the Barbacoa is excellent hope you give it a try.

Killing it, brother!

Always fun to see others tearing up good recipes.

Those tacos are off the chain!

Only thing missing is a bottle of Big Red. (It's a Texas thing.)

Jealous of your smoke ring. I have never got one so pronounced, not on any of the smokers I have used.

Thank you everyone.

Had a great upper body workout this morning so I decide to have a good lunch. :mrgreen:

2Zn8WGF.png

Barbacoa is still just as good as it was when it was first shredded.

JrbYvOv.jpg

Back