Bad News On The Door step

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
One of the first things I received when the cooking passion kicked in was a Thermapen. Classic Black. Just guessing perhaps 10-12 years ago. I used that nearly every cook, if not for Temp confirmation then as a brisket probe. Always there. It finally took it's final temp the other day. Still have the OG Box I stored it in. Digits quit reading for the most part. Had hopes a battery change would cure it. Nope. A non ceremonial trip to dumpster by itself, not with other trash, its own slow trip to the dumpster and one last check. Digits screwed.
Said thank you and goodbye as I shut the dumpster lid.
Didn't look back

Came in and opened a new Purple Therma Pop

One of the first things I received when the cooking passion kicked in was a Thermapen. Classic Black. Just guessing perhaps 10-12 years ago. I used that nearly every cook, if not for Temp confirmation then as a brisket probe. Always there. It finally took it's final temp the other day. Still have the OG Box I stored it in. Digits quit reading for the most part. Had hopes a battery change would cure it. Nope. A non ceremonial trip to dumpster by itself, not with other trash, its own slow trip to the dumpster and one last check. Digits screwed.
Said thank you and goodbye as I shut the dumpster lid.
Didn't look back

Came in and opened a new Purple Therma Pop

Contact Thermoworks
They will have you send it in for "repair" at a cost of $35.
You will then receive a new one.

I get it Adams, had my gray (it is the fastest color ya know) for a long time and it’ll be a sad day when she’s gone…

Peace…

Contact Thermoworks

Had no idea, however
It's gone, forever. I have ThermaPop, DOT or two, and 3-4 Inkbirds, plus Weber IGrill and no telling what else up in the cabinet. Probably put them to use. Plus a couple not so fast but accurate pin type thermometers.

Contact Thermoworks

Wow, thanks for the info! Mine died about 5 years ago, not exactly died, but it had a loose connection when I turned it on. Sometimes I'd have to do it 4-5 times to get it to go on. Ended up getting a new one. Do like the new one better, but for $35 that is a great deal.

Talking about getting your $$$$ worth. Rip.

Day late and dollar short but Thermoworks would either resurrect or reincarnate it for $25 btw when it’s out of warranty.

Hate reading this. However you did make a great choice, purple is the fastest, if not most stylish color!

Matt

Pretty much the same deal here. I've had my super fast British Racing Green thermapen for 10 or 12 years now. Something inside broke a while ago. You can hear it rattling around. Sometimes it comes on, sometimes it doesn't. The temps aren't very accurate either. I got a Dash and the thermapen just sits in a drawer now. Maybe I'll send it in for the $35 deal.

HELL, take em apart and see whats broke... you can't broke it any worse because it's already broke!

Can't remember how old my super speedy ultra fast orange is, but it broke and I performed a labodamy. Fixed it and it works like new!

Paul B

Back