Backyard Rib Riot '12!...start the pron

enasnidx

Full Fledged Farker
Well, I had big plans for my first annual Rib Riot this weekend. The weather held out nicely and I enjoyed cooking for family and friends. I prepared 6 racks of spares, 2 of each flavor: Vietnamese style, dry rubbed, and glazed & sauced. I was very anxious about how the Vietnamese ones would turn out because I have never used fish sauce or tamarind paste before, but they actually turned out pretty good and we all enjoyed them for something different. I also fired up a bunch of ABT's and a stuffed fatty for app's. Friends brought along an assortment of summertime adult beverages and we enjoyed corn bread, beans, fruit, and a pile of desserts. All in all it was a great day and I've got a bunch of left overs for lunch this week! Anyway, let the pron begin:
100_5281.jpg

Ready for smoke. I put the Vietnamese marinated ribs one above the other because I didn't want any of the drippings to fark up the taste of my other racks.
100_5283.jpg

After about 2 hours of smoke, I hate to open the lid, but I had to baste those dang Vietnamese ribs. Plus, another photo opp.
100_5285.jpg

Meanwhile back at the camp...ABT's and fatty are ready for the grill. Yes, you do see 3 little guys wrapped in turkey bacon (my wife wanted some just for her). The fatty was stuffed with cream cheese and diced red pepper and onion. Sorry, no pron for after they were all done, they went from the grill straight to the table and disappeared fast! :hungry:
100_5287.jpg

Here is half the racks ready to go. Glazed/sauced (left), Vietnamese (center), dry rubbed (right).
100_5292.jpg

The other 3 racks ready for plate up.
100_5288.jpg

Finally chow time! I think next year I'll have the Mrs. pick up bigger paper plates. (Fruit, sorry no room. Maybe when I go for seconds...)
100_5290.jpg

Back