THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hurricanedavid

is one Smokin' Farker
A friend with a garden gave me a small fresh egg plant, never cooked one, never ate one. I decided to cut it into thick slices and season it with EVO, S, P, G. Grilled it at 500F just like I was grilling other squash on the grill.

I decided to compliment the egg plant with a beautiful fillet of Halibut. I seasoned the fish with seafood seasoning coated with EVO. Again, 500F in a cast iron skillet.

Surprisingly, the egg plant was outstanding as I always thought of it as being practically uneatable unless in Egg Plant Parmigiana. No surprise, the Halibut was perfectly cooked and succulent.

Overall, a perfect meal for a guy who needs to eat healthy!

Following are a few pictures of the cook, thanks for checking it out.

Last edited:
You really eat food off that grill?
Ed

Absolutely, that's my working Macro-Patina for the BGE cast iron grate. Nothing sticks and nothing from the grate transfers to the food.

I agree it doesn't appear pleasant but the surface is always sterile when in use and it does the job. This is most likely very similar to a seasoned cast iron skillet at the molecular level.

I burn it off on a regular basis and start the process over again. I leave the cast iron skillet on the cast iron grate as it cools and everything is incinerated at that time.

Back