Attention Bargain Hunters..........

I haven't gotten the paper for years as it wasn't delivered before I Ieft for work.
Recently, the local paper, the Peoria Journal Star, stopped delivering the paper and is now mailing them instead.
Nothing like getting the news 2 or 3 days later.
Sounds to me like the printed page is nearing extinction.

Terry, My local paper is now bi-weekly and contains more news about the town it is printed in than it does about the town that bears the paper's name. No grocery store or retail stores ads are included with the paper. The KC Star, that I still subscribe to, rarely has any retail or grocery store flyers. The Sunday paper no longer has coupons. The KC Star goes to press at 4:00 pm and is printed in Des Moines, Iowa. The news is usually 36 hours behind. No wonder the published newspapers are dying. I hope the members enjoy the web-page. If I am going to KC for any business, I always check the various ads before I head west.

My wife always insisted on getting the Thanksgiving newspaper for the flyers. Family members would map out their Black Friday shopping strategy.

She wanted to do the same this year but realized there are no stores open at midnight any longer on Black Friday. Besides, paying $8 for a thin paper is ridiculous. We'd already bought a lot of gifts online, delivered to the house. Those days of midnight crowds trying to get bargains are over, as are the local newspapers which I can now get online for 6 months for $2.

Back