Anyone have experience with the Cookshack SM260?

Zeeshan08

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
Zee
I have an opportunity to get one for less than half retail. I'm curious if anyone has experience with it?

So a little background. I started smoking meats 6 or so years ago on a pellet smoker. Then I got a PBC, and then a Yoder offset.

Pellet was my first experience in smoking and although the end product is just decent, I thought I was making the most amazing food in the world so my family enjoyed it for a long time.

PBC made the most over smoked brisket in my opinion, maybe I didn't do things right, I tinkered with it forever. I still make chicken or other short cook items on it and love it but I just don't like long cooks on it.

Then the Yoder came along and blew away every other brisket or beef rib I had ever cooked and possibly ever had. Offset wins every time in my opinion, at least from what I own.

SO....fast forward and I'm thinking of starting a small instagram BBQ business selling and catering. Something I have been thinking about for many years.

In my shopping for smokers online journey I've come across this cookshack but have never had food made from one. Can anyone drop any insight to the pros and cons? Obvious pro is not tending fire on a long cook.

My main items will be briskets and beef dino ribs.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

I owned a FEC-100 as my main cooker for competition and backyard. I can't speak to that specific model, but I can say that the Cookshack was the best quality-made cooker I've ever owned, and the customer support was always phenomenal.

I owned a FEC-100 as my main cooker for competition and backyard. I can't speak to that specific model, but I can say that the Cookshack was the best quality-made cooker I've ever owned, and the customer support was always phenomenal.

How was the overall texture/flavor in a cookshack vs offset. Bark, smoke flavor, juiciness?

My background is various pellet grills with my best and favorite being the MAK 1-star.
Looks like that SM260 is an electric smoker and Cookshack is a very good USA company.
With that said, electric smokers like this type give off a different type of smoke flavor.
I experimented with a Cookshack Smokette (The baby electric smoker of the bunch) a couple summers ago and did not care for it. The problem is getting a clean burn of the wood with the electric element. You might want to try some food off of one before you buy it. But, then again at half off, you could probably make a few bucks from it if doesn't work out for you.

The problem with Cookshack electric smokers is folks use way too much wood.
They won't give you a smoke ring.
They take longer to cook a product.

If you learn to use them correctly, they make awesome and consistent bbq, in my humble opinion.

The problem with Cookshack electric smokers is folks use way too much wood.
They won't give you a smoke ring.
They take longer to cook a product.

If you learn to use them correctly, they make awesome and consistent bbq, in my humble opinion.

Exactly, that's why on the smokette they say to not use more than 2 chunks of wood. However, with just even a single small chunk of wood, it was not good smoke for me. No matter what, it's quite different from pellets if that is what one is used to.

Back