THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sleebus.jones

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
sleebs
I work on the Rodeo Express committee and I'll be cooking for my team on Thursday. Sadly, not part of the cookoff. Just wondering if any brethren are going to be in the area or are one of the chosen to compete?

I'm just doing a simple cook this time of burgers since it's during the week after work, but will be doing other fun stuff in the weeks ahead.

Is it weird that I have lived in Houston all my life, and I travel all over the country doing cookoffs, but I've never been to the big one in Houston? If anyone is cooking and wouldn't mind a visitor or a dishwasher, let me know!

Originally from the Houston area...

Have a buddy hook-up for all-access passes (every tent - skip the line - includes after-parties)...

Unfortunately, I have missed the last 4 in a row as I have been out-of-country every year and will miss this year as well...

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

How does one get to cook in this cook-off? Can you just sign up or do you have to win your way in?

Either win your way in, or already have a spot that you return to annually. It's been a while since I've asked but the waiting list is usually 5-10 yrs. long.

It's a different animal. For those that have never been I describe it as MIM on steroids:biggrin1:

I'll be there cooking with K&G Cookers on legends row, gonna be a blast

I'll probably be able to stop by and say hi during a break in my shift if you don't mind. Hopefully folks there know you by your screen name!

I will be out there starting this evening through Saturday!:biggrin1:

Awesome. I'll drop by and say hi if you let me know where ya are.

Back