A couple of new toys - Pizza Oven and Griddle

unixadm

Take a breath!
I've been buying cooking equipment like crazy lately. However it's summer time and as I get older, the more I like cooking. It started a couple of months ago when I bought a GMG Davy Crockett pellet grill for when I didn't want to fire up my Yoder YS1500 or Lang 36. Then I bought the Blackstone 36" Griddle about a week ago and it's been absolutely awesome. I followed that up with the Camp Chef Pizza Oven for my Camp Chef Somerset IV cooking stove. I fired it up today, had it to temp and promptly ran out of propane. Son-of-a. Ran to the gas station, swapped the tank and got my pizza finished up.

After i ate, the Brown Bomber showed up outside. No, not a kid who crapped himself, but UPS. They had my Waring WGR140 counter stop commercial griddle. I'm going to put it to use in the morning cooking corn tortillas after I press them. Who says a white boy can't make tortillas? haha.

Pizza Oven and a very basic pizza (Stove on Low to Low/Medium - cook time around six minutes):
20140626_142439.jpg

20140626_142446.jpg

20140626_153233.jpg

20140626_153518.jpg

20140626_153650.jpg

20140626_153936.jpg

20140626_153958.jpg

20140626_154314.jpg

Waring Commercial Countertop Griddle, 3/8" Stick Polished Cooking Surface, 120V:
20140626_170146.jpg

The pizza turned out great with some crappy Betty Crocker dough mix I had in my pantry. I have some high end flour on it's way to me so that I can make my own pizza dough. Then it's on like donkey kong. I'm sure with a bit more heat off the burners, it would have a 700 degree dome temp without much trouble. The best part is, I didn't burn it on my first cook. I rotated the pizza a few times during the cook, since the back center of the stone is hotter than the front. For $100, this thing ROCKS and I didn't have to tie up more patio space. Cool part is, my 24" Camp Chef griddle will fit on the stove at the same time.

Lot's of pizza talk recently, I think it's an omen to make some pizza!!!

I feel your pain or joy?:-D The other day my 8 year old nephew asked me and I quote him "Are you obsessed with BBQ?"

Nice toys btw.:grin:

I have that pizza oven and love it, it fits right on my Weber gasser and on full blast can get up to over 600 degrees, I've even used it to bake bread! Great quality for the money!

Nice rig!
If someone wanted to add some smoke flavor, would the smoke from
one of those CI smoker boxes come up along the outside edges?
Thanks

You're nutty like me with buying stuff. :)

My tortilla cooker is just the cast iron part of a 10" cast iron fajita plate from a restaurant supply store. I didn't bother buying the wood plate, just the cast iron insert. It sits on a burner on my stove full-time.

Sweet set up man. Bring on more toys...love it.

I though my kids were the only ones who dipped their pizza in ranch. Along with everything else they eat. :p

Back