THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Thought it would be the perfect time to try out one of the 2" cut steaks.. Went with the porterhouse that weighed in at a whopping 1.9lbs. This came from the local farm raised 1/2 cow I purchased this month. I grilled it on my infrared propane grill.. Here's my tips on how I cooked this beast!

I cooked in the middle, turned the middle burner off and the left and right burner on low.. I adjusted my cooking temp by the two burners. With the infrared grill grates I just threw on a hand full of apple wood chips and got them smoldering good. Cooking on low the middle grate was low enough to not cause a sear so it cooked indirectly for a while.

Once the steak hit 80-100 degree's I cranked up the heat still cooking indirect.. how the grill was designed I was able to still cook indirect and create a good sear on the steak. Hands down the best steak I have ever bought.

0Gj5fBul.jpg

dhFsutPl.jpg

QWW9Z5Ol.jpg

FCyWxEIl.jpg

4NBHbSQl.jpg

Last edited:
Man.... Hands down the best steak ever.. That was the first time I really did wood chips for cooking a steak.. I've done chicken wings and ribs on the gasser with wood chips.

Funny story about this gasser.. I purchased it before I got into smoking... I bought the infrared because I liked the idea of just throwing on wood chips onto the grate. I was turning out ribs, pork butts, and everything on this gasser before joining this forum. Just used one burner.. and cooked the ribs on the opposite side with wood chips on the fire end.

Back