THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow, great looking ribs, congrats!

picture.php

Looks like you knocked that one right out of the park! Excellent work man! You should be really proud, not too many can hit a grand slam on their first smoke and it looks like you did it!:clap2:

you nailed that one
way to go
usualy you need to add coals every hour for a kettle indirect cook

Looks spot on to me!

If however you would prefer them with a bit less moisture; you might try raising your
cooking temperature to 250°-260° Fahrenheit, and see how that works for you.

That right there is complete BS. Cooking hot and fast does not dry out meat. It just gets done quicker. I prefer 275+.

Wow guys, thanks for all your praise. Honestly I just followed what I had seen on here, watched a couple of Pit Boys videos and went for it.

I don't mind the ribs being juicy, I was just a little concerned if they were done or not. But after 7hrs and an internal temp above 165F I thought they were ok.

I'm lovin' this BBQ malarchy! If my wife buys me a BGE I will be seriously happy. And if she does, then I will make sure to shout it out on Q-talk. Might be a while, but in the meantime I want to try some brisket/pulled pork etc.

And the one thing I would love to try is smoking the Turkey this Christmas. Probably going to be a little more intensive when the temps drop, but I'm sure I can get some advice from my brothers here. Honestly, I have to say thank you to everyone who contributes to this board, and has made my venture into BBq a success. People can't believe how good everything tastes, and I'm always sure to tell them that it certainly did not come from a Gas BBQ!!!:heh:

Back