THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats! When did you get your “starting production” email? I ordered mine back near the end of April, and got my “final production” email over two weeks ago. How much advance did they call you in advance to pick up?

I did nearly the same as you, sold my saffire kamado to a friend at work who loves it, giving my bro in law my dads old brinkmanship pro “offset”, and bought me a 26” kettle and sns for fast cooks, ordered a 1975t, and a LSG Large IVS for when I can’t man the offset. Got wife to agree if I sold my motorcycle I could use the money to get all 3 after I explained to her why I “need” all three lol.

This is my first offset. My current and past arsenal is charcoal, so I’m super excited to get started learning. Both my fireplaces are wood burning, so I know tendencies of fire, so hopefully the learning curve isn’t too steep. Got a brisket for Christmas dinner that’s going to go on, so I need to learn before then…

You are going to have fun cooking and coloring and contrasting the food on the different cookers. Hopefully you post up some cook threads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congrats! When did you get your “starting production” email? I ordered mine back near the end of April, and got my “final production” email over two weeks ago. How much advance did they call you in advance to pick up?

I did nearly the same as you, sold my saffire kamado to a friend at work who loves it, giving my bro in law my dads old brinkmanship pro “offset”, and bought me a 26” kettle and sns for fast cooks, ordered a 1975t, and a LSG Large IVS for when I can’t man the offset. Got wife to agree if I sold my motorcycle I could use the money to get all 3 after I explained to her why I “need” all three lol.

My production date was 10/31. I got an email saying that they were 2-3 weeks behind. On 11/23 I got the email stating it was in production. They called me on 12/7 to tell me it was ready. I originally scheduled pickup for the 19th but called to switch it to the 14th. I sold the Yoder for the LSG, but I still have my Assassin 48”, Assassin cabinet, Masterbuilt 1050, MAK, and OKJ Bronco. The Workhorse and TMG were just additions to the collection.

This is my first offset. My current and past arsenal is charcoal, so I’m super excited to get started learning. Both my fireplaces are wood burning, so I know tendencies of fire, so hopefully the learning curve isn’t too steep.

I had the same experience level when I first got my 1975. You'll figure it out in no time. If you're the YouTube type, I made a pretty in-depth video on fire management on my 1975 if you're interested. You may find it helpful. It started as a tutorial video I was making for my brother who was borrowing my pit, but then I went over board with editing :grin:

https://youtu.be/IoQlzr0g0lg

I also made another video on how different damper settings effect the hot spot location and temperature:

https://youtu.be/QClqddVHYNc

Last edited:
Very nice jkief! I've had my 1975 a little over a year (back when the wait was 5 months). You're going to love it.

I had the same experience level when I first got my 1975. You'll figure it out in no time. If you're the YouTube type, I made a pretty in-depth video on fire management on my 1975 if you're interested. You may find it helpful. It started as a tutorial video I was making for my brother who was borrowing my pit, but then I went over board with editing :grin:

https://youtu.be/IoQlzr0g0lg

I also made another video on how different damper settings effect the hot spot location and temperature:

https://youtu.be/QClqddVHYNc

Great video, well explained. But that Bears hoodie....reminded me of the days my Bucs were in the central.

Back