THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
0.99 cent per pound Boston Butt finally getting smoked. Butt scored and slathered with Valentina. Rubbed liberally with Taco Seasoning. Was going to use Taco Bell everything, but things change. On the drum and in the smoke. Gnome watching

Last edited:
Does the Valentina contribute to anything in the final product, or does it too like other slathers, dissipate during the cooking process?

Big fan of Valentina, especially drizzled on top of a Tecate can with some lime juice.

Not much, just makes me feel a tad more involved. When I do the Chipotle salsa which is usually added 4th quarter of a cook,, that comes thru nicely

Looks like a great start!
United has briskets on sale.. around $1.77lb, I believe. Limit 2.

I wonder if they'd sell just the point at that price. I was looking thru some local BBQ joint menus last night online. 36$ per pound sliced brisket. I'd have to do some serious rearranging to find space.

Looks delicious!

What about a fire roasted salsa type injection?

I haven't injected anything in a really long time. Decade maybe. However I often finish a butt in a pan with 12 oz liquid and a can of chipotle peppers or chipotle salsa. Covered tight you lose the crunchy bark mostly but the flavor is really ramped. This was no means dry but only about a tablespoon of juice to add back to the pull. As well additional seasoning was called for.

Based on that I think your idea of an injection would be a great Idea. Perhaps a bottle of Frank's Buffalo Sauce.
Good idea IMHO
#msulife

Back