Howdy from FL

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Red Face

Hi everyone,

I joined up last week and wanted say hello to everyone here. The shared knowledge on this forum can really help the new or seasoned griller. I first got into smoking food about ten years ago after reading compiled posts from the old food smoking mailing list now compiled on eaglequest's web site. I bought an SnP Pro as a Lowe's end-of-year closeout for $99 and started smoking everything that sounded good. I have to say my worst was smoking a duck. I've not tried it since, but I'm sure I'll try again someday. My best was probably tonights standing rib roast. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95053&page=2

I now have a Weber Genesis (natural gas, so cool), a Charbroil Electric Smoker, now using charcoal due to a dead element, a fold-able Aussie charcoal grill, and an about to retire Home Depot Vermont Castings tri-burner that has fallen apart.

The other day a buddy of mine said there was no twelve step program for us lovers of Q, so I through this together:

SIMPLE 12 STEP PROGRAM

1. Become a vegetarian
  2. Drink soy milk
  3. Drink more soda
  4. Drink less beer
  5. Imagine all animals as furry lovable creatures
  6. Chew aspartame gum
  7. Grill vegetables
  8. Only smoke with wood you've grown from a seed
  9. Smoke a Rattlesnake
  10. Smoke with Pine (watch out for hives)
  11. Marry a smoke food hater
  12. Give your smoker to charity

Let me be the first to welcome you but I'm afraid you're wrong. There is no 12 step program for us. (Would you really want one?)

Warm Coal Welcome

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'm sure I'll be cooking a little more Q now due to this community's great barbecuing ideas and experience.

And please DON'T try the 12 step program!

GB

Don't Do the Twelve Step

Let me be the first to welcome you but I'm afraid you're wrong. There is no 12 step program for us. (Would you really want one?)

Not really Divemaster, I was just kidding. However, I have eaten some pretty bad grill eats before at a few well known restaurants ........... :)

Welcome to our crazy little club house!

Welcome to the Brotherhood, pull up a chair and grab a beer, sit a bit and join in the discussions damn glad to meet ya
RR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back