Fort Smith, AR?

QN

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Headed to Fort Smith, AR next week for work. Be there Wednesday until Friday. Any good Q or other places to eat?
Thanks.

Whole hog has a nice spicy sauce. Their place near my house has three first place Jack trophies and a first in whole hog from MIM.

Some friends own the Doe's there and I think that is good eats, but if you eat at the Doe's down your way ...... you already get the premise.

Looks like I will hit Whold Hog for sure. As far as Doe's; is that Doe's Eat Place? I have been to the original years ago; I grew up in Clarksdale, MS. Have not been to one yet that I thought was all that good. They seem overpriced for what they do. Thanks for the info on Whole Hog.

Whole hog has a nice spicy sauce. Their place near my house has three first place Jack trophies and a first in whole hog from MIM.

Some friends own the Doe's there and I think that is good eats, but if you eat at the Doe's down your way ...... you already get the premise.

I have ate at the Pink Flamingo, it is as close to comp cooking in a large scale cooking as I have ever ate. This is great food cooked by great folks.

stop in and see Ralph at the pink flamingo. He has AWESOME bbq. His restaraunt is full of trophies and pics of him and his family at comps. There is another place here in town that is called Arts bbq, its ok but not near as good as the Pink flamingo. I have ate at whole hog, and I didnt really care for it. I think its becuase Im not much on a real heavy mollases (sp?) flavor and the sauce and beans have a pretty good shot of it. As for Doe's, yes it is a Doe's eat place and it is in an old brewery. It is really a nice place to eat. You can sit down in the cellar or upstairs. It is pretty expensive as you buy the steak by the pound. I think the cheapest cut in there is a 1 pound filet or something but it is by far the best steak in town. Get a nice filet cooked medium and wash it down with a cold shiner bock..doesnt get much better.

Lived there a few years ago, I will agree that the flamingo was the best when I lived there, Whole Hog hadn't opened yet, but I did visit the one in Conway and liked it.

If you eat at Doe's, if you happen to eat in the cellar, I believe that is where a scene from "The Blue and the Gray" was filmed. (Most of the miniseries was filmed in the region)

Visited Whole Hog Cafe tonight. Had their whole hog platter so got to try beans, slaw, potato salad, brisket, ribs, and pulled pork. All three sides were good; beans were a little on the sweet side for me. I liked the fact that they had six different sauces on the table and did not put any sauce on the pork and brisket. Ribs were a little on the dry side; probably had been holding a while. Pulled pork was also a little dry. Both pork and ribs had good flavor. Brisket was definitely the best thing I had. It was sliced and moist and tender. All in all, not the best Q I have ever had, but definitely good enough to go back and try it again. On to Pink Flamingo tomorrow.

Had Pink Flamingo for lunch today. Beans, slaw, and potato salad were all good. Pulled/chopped pork was moist and tender with good flavor; pork and brisket served with no sauce. Three sauces on the table; regular, smokey, and hot. Sausage was very good. Brisket was good, but sliced a little thicker and a little crumbly. May have just overcooked a little. Ribs had good flavor, but had dried out being held. Overall, the best barbecue I had in Fort Smith.

Back