First Fire

Norcoredneck

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Finally seasoning the beast.
IMG_0150-3.jpg

IMG_0146-5.jpg

Video.

Putting heat to the meat. Didn't want to waste the coals.

IMG_0155-2.jpg

That looks like it is working great.

did she perform as planned? looks awesome!
Got to temp but not having cooked on a stick burner and using lump charcoal I have to learn when to add. Noted if you wait till temp starts dropping by the time you get it going it drops below 200 then up again. More cooks, more beer. :thumb: Little warmer on left but can tune when I get control. Flavor is a lot different than a UDS.

Good different or bad different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good different or bad different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shhh... Big Brother Smoke and Kick Ass are listening. Gotta say I like it. Of course this is the first cook and not splits. Can only describe it as a real campfire type taste. While cooking did not miss the signature K smell.
Time will tell. Gotta locate this OC wood place Country is always bragging about. Got a cook next week for 150 +.

Hey Stef noticed in your photos you cook butts in a alum pan. Do you always do that? If so why? Do you know where Country gets his wood? (Not the kind he gets at the Blue Oyster).

I need to get some more wood so I have been calling around. Wood Shed seems to have a heck of a selection....pricey but I hear its great quality. PM me if you want any numbers of some local spots. Pit looks great!

Mighty Fine! That is one big girl you got there.

I agree! I'm jealous!

When you said the food tastes a little different, is that because your new smoker tastes different or the UDS tastes different than traditional smokers (since the UDS has the drippings hit the fire)?

Back