MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
That One Guy
Got rid of the matchlight.

Default Rookie meat question...Please help soon!

Hi,

I have my first "catering" gig this weekend, and the person whom I'm doing it for has requested a lunch of brisket and pulled pork for sandwiches. My wife and I have racked our brains over this for the past month, we've used the So Ezzy's calculator, and now a day away from the event, my "client" is beginning to wonder if we're cooking enough meat.

According to the calculator, we have more than enough. I could really use some expertise! Thank you in advance for all of your help...Here's what we're planning:

People: 80

Briskets: Approximately 40# uncooked (4 ten # packers)
Boston Butt: Approximately 32# uncooked. (4 butts)

We bought a lot more that I was just planning on freezing, so if we need extra, we can do it. We were figuring on approx. 5.33 oz per sandwich.

I know you guys can put our minds @ ease! P.S. They also know that not everyone will get pork and not everyone will get brisket....but they wanted it split.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2010, 07:06 PM   #2
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

I'm probably too late but that should be good.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:18 PM   #3
PCDoctor_1979
Full Fledged Farker

Agreed. That should be plenty. You should end up with about 24# of brisket and 16# of pork. 1/2 pound of meat per person is a lot. Good luck!
Brian Sweeney - CBJ #3691 - '77 Step Van Mobile Kitchen, Horizon Marshall, WSM with Pro Q Stacker, Weber Kettle & Smokey Joe GOLD.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Clarke's Third Law
PCDoctor_1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:05 AM   #4
That One Guy
Got rid of the matchlight.

Thank you guys for respoding....The event was a great success. I got sincerely rave reviews and I hear that the bbq was the talk of the afternoon--thankfully, cuz I was up all night smoking it. ; ) I expected 80, but there was over 100 and still some leftover. The experience absolutely sucked until it was over....Now I can't wait to do another.

Thanks again.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote