Vacuum sealer?

S

Stevesonfire!

Okay...I've been a self proclaimed "pit master" for all of about 6 months :bow:
One of the many things I've learned in the past 6 months is that as the master of my pit, it makes no sense to me to not fill the pit with as much meat as possible when I fire it up (hence my "problem", at least according to my lovely and very understanding spouse.)
Here in lies the problem. Even though I am very generous with the finished product of my ever expanding art... there is always copious amounts of bbq that must wait for another day to be consumed...(we don't have left-overs, only delicacies that can't be consumed the same day!)
Do any of you guys/ladies use a vacuum sealer for your excess? What do you use?

downsized_07110012211.jpg

^^^^what he said
theyre pretty awesome.
they sometimes leak, but most times theyre great
get one

Yes, I do the same and have had excellent results. Froze a little over 60 lbs. of butt, brisket, chicken, and sausage for a wedding rehersal dinner and reception. Thawed it, sliced, and pulled it. Got rave reviews. Definitely makes a difference using a vacuum sealer.
Randy

That's awesome news guys! That's what I thought I would here. Just made sense.
Thanks for the replies.... I'll be purchasing one tomorrow! :thumb:

You definitely need a FoodSaver. It took me a long time to convince SWMBO that we needed one. Now she wonders how we ever got along without it.

Wouldn't live without it. Yesterday I saw the large one in Sears. Had a lock on the side, like that, and was smaller in size than the ones in other stores, but it still takes the large size bags.

Bigger is always better!

I love mine for marinating too...
When we go to competitons I trim the meat at home and make the bags a little bigger. So when I get to the comp I can take the meat out season/marinade and then seal it back up in the same bag. It's also great for after the comp so everything (always make a bag or two for a meal when we get home) gets sealed up and back on fresh ice and straight to the freezer when we get home!

Cabela's CG-15 here. Buy it refurbed to save some cash. The seal bar is 15" wide, the seal strip is three times bigger than foodsaver for a solid seal every time, and I get zero failed bags in the freezer unlike my old food saver. It can handle bags big enough for full packers. It can also seal anywhere on the bag or roll unlike the newer food savers which waste inches of the plastic roll every time.

I have a food-saver also, Best machine in the kitchen. When I fire up the smoker I like to do as much as possible, right now in the freezer (all fully smoked and ready to eat), a whole pork tenderloin, a 5lb eye of round, 6 racks of BB, 5 one pound packages of pulled pork and 6 chicken thighs. Can't even run out of Q! Us usually when my son comes for a visit he goes home with a load.

I really appriciate all the feedback....I'll be going shopping this evening for one. I'll let you know what I land on. :thumb:

Foodsaver here as well. Buy the rolls instead of the bags and you will glad ya did cause not everything is a uniform size.

I'm in the market for the Foodsaver or similar unit. To test things out I have been using the bags available at the grocery store with the hand pump. They make a huge difference in freezing and preserving things. Easily convinced me that a better alternative will be well worth the investment!

I have a food saver also, i buy my bags off e-bay in 50ft rolls they work just as good imo and the 50 ft roll cost the same as the box at walmart. I put all my fish, wild game in them and i have some real big bags of fish from spoonbill fishing, i think i need to get some of that out to grill :biggrin1:

Back