Brethren in Take on Turkey Challenge

swibirun

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I didn't see my cohorts post this, but at least three Brethren are among the 10 finalists in Honeysuckle White and Shady Brook Farms Take On Turkey challenge.

John (PatioDaddio here and on the challenge site)
Curt (cmcadams here, Livefire on the challenge site)
and myself (Nibble Me This on the challenge site)

We each had to create an original recipe involving grilling turkey and produce a video of it. The recipe was the easy part. The hard part was recording a video of yourself talking about it. It was about as much fun as....having your eyebrows removed by a weedburner.

I think we all did a decent job representing the Brethren. Voting is open this week, get over there and vote for one of the Brethren videos. Remember.....if you don't vote, the squirrels have already won.

I was scheduled to compete but for some reason they felt it was okay to ship me frozen turkey with no dry ice. Not once but twice...

Good luck...

Sorry about that Larry....

John, Curt and I paid off the guys in the shipping department to do that ;)

Seriously, that is disappointing. I was wondering what all of the "shipping issues" they referred to were about and why all of the delays. I didn't get all of the product I requested and got some that I didn't, but fortunately what I did get was frozen.

I would have loved to have seen what you came up with, because I know it would have been great.

Sorry about that Larry....

John, Curt and I paid off the guys in the shipping department to do that ;)

Seriously, that is disappointing. I was wondering what all of the "shipping issues" they referred to were about and why all of the delays. I didn't get all of the product I requested and got some that I didn't, but fortunately what I did get was frozen.

I would have loved to have seen what you came up with, because I know it would have been great.

They shipped me turkey cutlets, turkey wings and turkey sausage all the way across the country via Fed Ex without any additional frozen materials except the turkey.

I'm waiting to see if they ask for the FLIP camera back...

I got the same thing, Larry, but mine was still frozen when it got here. Probably because of being closer. I thought it was odd how they shipped, too. You should have taken an internal temp reading and let them know how warm it was. :)

Thanks for the post, Chris... It's a nice, fair way of asking for votes for all of us. And to spread them around, people can vote every day, swapping the one you vote for each day!

You all did a great job. Just like a throwdown, it's hard to pick one so guess I'll just keep on voting.

Back