Pizza

bam

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
What temps do you use when cooking pizza? Eggers I know cook at 600 and the local pizza shop cooks at 400. At what temp do you get the best results?

Sorry not an egger, nor do I have a industrial cooker. But I do have a conventional oven that I line with clay tiles and I am able to get my temp up to between 500*to 550 on the first run. I really like the results that temp and method brings me. After that the temp drops some because of the heat escaping. But the tiles will still hold the heat well. You can see the results on my avatar or if your intrested, I have posted alot of what I do in past threads.

On the Egg I run it up about 550 - 600 and on my gasser I keep it around 400 to 425, they seem to burn faster on the gasser at higher temps, don't know why and on the Kettle I get it about 400 degrees with some smoke added. Good results all around.

Sorry not an egger, nor do I have a industrial cooker. But I do have a conventional oven that I line with clay tiles and I am able to get my temp up to between 500*to 550 on the first run. I really like the results that temp and method brings me. After that the temp drops some because of the heat escaping. But the tiles will still hold the heat well. You can see the results on my avatar or if your intrested, I have posted alot of what I do in past threads.
That avatar looks real good. I don't have an egg friend has one I cook on a drum. With my pizza stone 400-425 works the best for me. I have been trying different temps. I'll crank the drum up and give it a try at a higher temp.

Back