THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WestTexAG

isnt it a little early in the summer for a ranch kettle to be this cheap?
Touchpropics013.jpg

Touchpropics014.jpg

Wow, great price!

I like the sign on the door right behind the grill. No smoking please.:-D

Is that thing really worth that much? What are you paying for?

You are paying for amazing quality and durability and 1104 square inches of cooking space. I've owned three at the same time, used them at home and for work and could not be happier. They will do many things including cooking a whole case of butts or a 59# whole hog.

I also heard a rumor HEB plus has the 22" WSM for $100 off.

You are paying for amazing quality and durability and 1104 square inches of cooking space. I've owned three at the same time, used them at home and for work and could not be happier. They will do many things including cooking a whole case of butts or a 59# whole hog.

I also heard a rumor HEB plus has the 22" WSM for $100 off.

Hell yeah...and when the wife does kick you out...you take out the grates and curl up in the fetal position and you have a nice dry place to sleep :-D

I thought $500 was a bargain for my used one and have never looked back. The best rib cook I ever had was 6 slabs of ribs on that thing in offset configuration. Go ahead and get yourself a whole ribeye and invite some friends!! Of course, mine usually collects dust in the barn, but when you need it, it is a handy lil' cooking machine.

IMG_1913.JPG

ok aside from the bigger is better mentality, why would somebody spend $500 on the ranch, when they could get 5 silvers (at least i think it the weber silver that sells for about $90) and still have some money left over for charcoal? not too mention the 5 silvers would offer almost twice the cooking space and more versatility.

i am not judging those that have made the buy, just curious about the logic.

ok aside from the bigger is better mentality, why would somebody spend $500 on the ranch, when they could get 5 silvers (at least i think it the weber silver that sells for about $90) and still have some money left over for charcoal? not too mention the 5 silvers would offer almost twice the cooking space and more versatility.

i am not judging those that have made the buy, just curious about the logic.

I'd have to manage one fire. I'd have to clean one cooker. I wouldn't have to herd 5 cookers like cats. It's cool.

Last edited:
Back