got an old compressor that does not work???

capri man

is Blowin Smoke!
my bro-in-law just built this one. i am awaiting judgement until he tries to cook on it!!:-D

Attachments

• 2010_0606smokerwaynes0002.JPG
    2010_0606smokerwaynes0002.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 253
  • 2010_0606smokerwaynes0003.JPG
    2010_0606smokerwaynes0003.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 249
I would like to know how that turns out. Got an old compressor that crapped out and they want more to fix it than I gave for it. Think I might have made the axle a little longer to get those tires a little farther from the firebox.

Very nice!

I do have a dead compressor, but I'm not sure if I can make a smoker out of it.

post-pcac.jpg

Look'n good the only problem I forsee is that you may pop the tires off the rims with a really hot fire.

I'd move it further away from the gas line behind but it's worth a go just to test. If nothing else, make an offset from it if it fails being a vertical.

I'd move it further away from the gas line behind but it's worth a go just to test. If nothing else, make an offset from it if it fails being a vertical.

Good spot on the gas line bro.

Good ideas for wok or small grill.

As for compressors, the moral of the story is that "oilless" compressors are generally crap and not worth replacing. I"ve got a 26 gallon upright oilless compressor (Kobalt brand; truly a POS) that I recently bought for the tank. I am thinking about making it into a horizontal grill

I have a compressor that i have been debating on turning into a couple of large pots to cook chili in. I also acquired a small steel unlined water heater tank that it would make a good fire box for. decisions decisions.....

Back