THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

aswoboda

Knows what a fatty is.
Alright guys, im in a pinch here. my dad is a diabetic and i wanna make a dessert to go with the brisket im making this weekend. Does anybody have any good recipes that actually taste good?

I have found that cheesecake is a good food for using fruit sweeteners or artificial sweeteners in. Splenda uses in cheesecake really works well.

Not sure how much help it is but, I've found rhubarb mixed with a good amount of splenda, some cinnamon, some brown sugar splenda, and maybe a little nutmeg, when cooked down is quite tasty but, as to what to do with it? I've put it between two slices of bread that I've then put in a sandwich press and then cooked up like little pies, I'm sure though some people would have better Ideas what to do with it. My general recipe is:
6 stalks of rhubarb (about 10" long) cut into cube size.
1 1/2 cups splenda
1/2 cup brown sugar splenda.
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg

Makes somewhere in the 2 pint range or so. I cook alot to taste though so, might need more of anything listed above.
Don't know if it helps but it's an idea. :confused:

Speaking from first hand experience, just substitute sugar with Splenda

Cut up strawberries....sprinkle with a good amount of Splenda........refrigerate for a while.
Get some angelfood cake, sugar free cool whip.....you got a REAL good dessert

May I suggest a book:

Tom Valenti's "You Don't Have to Be Diabetic to Love This Cookbook"

PM some idea of what he likes and I'll pull a recipe or two for you.

Back