Hello y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoqualmiesmoker

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone on the board. My name is james and i live outside of Seattle in the town of Snoqualmie. I found this site through the message board on Yahoo.
I received a nice message from Bill from Chicago asking me over to this area to introduce myself. So here i go...

After 6 months of searching i bought my Bandera. I say searching because up here the only thing's people smoke is fish, cigs, and pot. I had to have a True Value order me a Bandera straight from the factory. I fell in love with the Bandera when i was in Texas about 2 years ago meeting my wife's parents. Her family lives all around the great state of texas, and it seems on every corner youcan buy a smoker.
I fell in love with true Bar-B-Que in Houston and then in Austin and San Antonio. So i thought i would get me an offset-smoker up here. You can buy the cheap ones, but no NB's or better. I did find a busted one at wal mart but it wasn't worth it.
So i await its arrival and i still use my Weber kettle, my baby Weber kettel, an old smoker and a small gas grill.
I am a born and bred Washintonian, and married a true Texas Aggie by luck and by chance.
Best wishes to all on the board and if anyone is having a Northwest bandera party, count me in.
JB

Welcome again James.

Don't be shy. Don't let a high post count make you timid about posting. Some of us (Brian and Greg) are just yappy.

Is that a Molson Golden I keep seeing in your hands?

David H is a long time brother from Portland, and Heath is in Briar WA.

You'll fit right in. Pull up a chair.

Welcome James...this group will help you become more
addicted to real food...
Pork fat rules!!!
Jump in ... glad you are with us!!
MikeG

Welcome, James.

I have a relative that lives in Edmonds. While visiting one time, my kids and I
actually saw Snoqualmie Falls and skiied at Snoqualmie Pass.

Small world, eh?

Post away!

Double small world. My best friend used to live in Edmond. On a visit there we decided to drive to Snoqualmie, but driving up one of the hills on the way, the car died. We coast back down 30 feet and it started right up. But taking off back up the hill it died again at the same spot. Rolled back down and started up. God don't bless a car with the fuel mixture tuned to the Texas flatlands. We finally turned around and went home.

I am a born and bred Washintonian, and married a true Texas Aggie by luck and by chance.
Best wishes to all on the board and if anyone is having a Northwest bandera party, count me in

There are several of us afflicted with Aggi...er blessed with Aggies :wink: Good to have you here and look forward to hearing about your experiences and learing a little more about cooking in the cold and rain! :D

Welcome my new brother! I love my family growing by one or two a day.......
I say searching because up here the only thing's people smoke is fish, cigs, and pot.

Greg will be looking to relocate to WA soon........

Some of us (Brian and Greg) are just yappy.

Or gummy if Brian has his teeth out...........

gotta take my shots where there's an opening. :D

see, we're all about good fun, and a good cooking experience. Again Welcome!

Welcome JB...

i'm not really here and a pigment of everyones imagination, but I somehow keep typing stuff and it shows up here. Some may call me a lurker.. (ahem.. KC.. Mr kick.. ) but i still be Grand poobah!!! Welcome.!!! Prepare to go to bed smellin like smoke and waking up with soot on the pillow. Its a beautiful think.. life is good.

Welcome Brother James, Glad to have you aboard. By the time that new cooker arrives you should be all squared away on what mods will help you skip a lot of farkin around and get on to the important stuff.
Cookin' good eats and givin' The Grand Poobah a little grief every once in a while. Never hesitate to ask or add you $.02 worth.

James,

You got wood? (run with that brothers)

I have a source of alder and maple out by Duvall, most of it's already cut. Let me know if you need some.

Glad to have you, James.

Welcome James!

I haven't beenhere long myself but I can tell you that this is a great group of guys that will welcome you like family.

A strange, meat-obsessed, semi-pyromaniacal family with drunken tendencies. But family nonetheless! :lol:

Welcome and Beware. We are addictive!

Mista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back