800mg Sodium Pizza!

D

Derek

Here's a veggie pizza we all like in our house hold, And it only has 800 sodium for the full pizza ( no salt in the dough what so ever )

818559756_RkUkV-L.jpg

Here's a veggie pizza we all like in our house hold, And it only has 800 sodium for the full pizza ( no salt in the dough what so ever )

818559756_RkUkV-L.jpg

yeah... all this stuff we are cooking/eating has high sodium. I'm gonna start trying to use less in the recipes.

Hairy farker. I'm sure its good if it's a favorite. How does your crust turn out?
It turned out well, I would love to learn to crisp it up though!

Did you make your own tomato sauce to help lower the sodium too?
I did, I used the great value tomato paste to make the sauce ( that stuff is 20mg sodium for 8 fluid oz.

yeah... all this stuff we are cooking/eating has high sodium. I'm gonna start trying to use less in the recipes.
I have too or I will be back in the hospital in 2 weeks!

I have been low sodium since I was 10yrs old (42 now). When I eat out I can really tell they salt the heck out of stuff. I'm the guy that orders McDonalds French Fries without salt. Ordered this way they are always Fresh.

Do you have a Dough/sauce Recipe? I usually just leave the salt out of the Flieshmans yeast pizza dough recipe and I think it turns out good.

For a crisp crust, use raging high heat, indirect if possible otherwise it will burn too fast. I build a big fire on the right side of my CG and place the pie on the left side. The homemade crust comes out cracker crispy crunch.

What type of cheese are you using? Most have a high sodium content. I've been on a low sodium diet since my episode in August 2009, it takes awhile to get use it, but now I can also feel it, when something has too much sodium. Thanks for sharing...

What type of cheese are you using? Most have a high sodium content. I've been on a low sodium diet since my episode in August 2009, it takes awhile to get use it, but now I can also feel it, when something has too much sodium. Thanks for sharing...
Serrengeto's and Spartan cheese, They're 180 sodium for a half cup and I used 3 cups.

Back