Something I Got in the Last Trade Round!!!

aquablue22

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
During the recent trade round I received Appalachian Smokers (wood pucks) from a Brothern in Chicago. He sent me two flavors, Cherry and Smokehouse Hickory. Now not one to leave smoking supplies lay around long I figured ribs would be the prefect test for these smoking pucks. I rubbed these up with Steph's Simply Marvelous Sweet and Spicy. Smoked them in-directly for about 6 hours at 225 degrees. Now I'll tell you the smoker pucks worked just as advertised, I just set them beside my coals and let them go, I used two of them during the six hour smoke. I had good blue smoke for the entire time and hardly any ash when the smoke was complete. They also provided a very nice and gentle flavor, not overpowering at all. Great little product, not sure what the price is, perhaps Fred will chime in and tell us. :thumb::thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_0337.jpg
    IMG_0337.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0335.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0336.jpg
    IMG_0336.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0338.jpg
    IMG_0338.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 215
Those would work good in a UDS buried in the charcoal.

Man, I wish I could observe you manage that kettle just once. Nice racks!

That thing looks kinda cool. I am going to order some of them. I think it would woork great surround by lump in my Bubba Keg.

That thing looks kinda cool. I am going to order some of them. I think it would woork great surround by lump in my Bubba Keg.

You might want to contact a member here, "grossepellets", he's the one who sent them to me. I'm going to use the hickory next weekend on butts.....keep you posted.

Thats great! Thanks for the review most of all - those ribs do look great! I also like the looks of that swimming pool! Today it was 60 here in Chicago and tomorrow its going to snow again!

Glad you liked them - Smokin Turkey I think thats His Handle out in Huntington PA. he likes them as well - just ask him
If anyone wants them and is a paying member of this BBQ brethren site contact me thru here and we can try to figure out how to get a discount in there -most of the price on godaddy market place $12.99 is shipping and packaging cost. They are in grocery stores here in Chicago and sell for $5.99 a sleeve- (3) I can discount for Members but the packaging and shipping is what drives up the cost.
We have them discounted in large bags -each bag holds about 70 "Pellet Cakes"
Pellet Cakes™

THE BBQ BRETHREN SPECIAL - 70 Pellet Cakes™ for $60 you won't get that box pictured instead Depending on how fast you order it will either come in a plain box or a large custom Brown Bag. In this size of order (70 Pellet Cakes™ ) you'll have a choice of Hickory, Cherry or Red Oak. At this time we're not set up to mix the order but we'll give it the old back yard BBQ try!

F.O.B. Cherry Tree PA.

Back