Dino Bones Pron

swibirun

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Wallyworld had beef back ribs for cheap so what else was I supposed to do?

Rubbed and tossed on the Egg at 225f grate temp with some oak chips.

DSC_0072resized.jpg

Just as it hit 170f internal, I brushed it with a spicy glaze (Chok' on Dis Blaz'n Glaze) and let it finish.

DSC_0078resized.jpg

Served it up with some mixed beans & chorizo.

DSC_0085resized.jpg

I've made dino bones twice now. Once using short loin ribs and this time with beef back ribs. I have to say, while they are both good, I prefer the beef back ribs.

I'm learning so much here!

DANG. those look good. With the BGE, is there anything under the meat so the fat doesnt cause flare ups?

Chris, I caught a glimpse of these on your blog awhile ago... dang.... they look awesome!! Wish you lived closer. :tongue::biggrin:
Nice.................

DANG. those look good. With the BGE, is there anything under the meat so the fat doesnt cause flare ups?

Sure. In addition to the plate setter that provides the indirect heat option, I place a pizza dish that I got at a restaurant supply store for $6 and cover it in foil, just for easy clean up.

That looks like my smoker.......Nice rack of ribs for me and a wiener for my wife....lol

Sure. In addition to the plate setter that provides the indirect heat option, I place a pizza dish that I got at a restaurant supply store for $6 and cover it in foil, just for easy clean up.
Cool. sweet action. What kind of Rub did you use?

The reason i ask bout the drip pan is because i think im not likin the whole fat drips into fire and somehow flavors the meat method. I cooked some chicken thighs the other day on the grill and the fat dripped onto the fire and made my chicken taste really really charcoaly. So on my UDS im might do what you do. however Lean cuts of meat such as chicken breast and loin chops dont cause this when grilled directly. i love grilled loin chops. lol. thanx for the info.

Chris, that looks delicious. Especially after my fail yesterday! Thanks for sharing.

Nice looking' bones. New to this game and everyday I find something else I want to try. I guess Dino bones just went to the top of the list. Boy is this FUN!!!!!!!!!!! Yabba Dabba Doooooooooo

Back