THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
I was at Restaurant Depot and saw they now have whole goats in body bags. Anybody try to smoke whole goat? Pics please.....

Yummy cabrito, I keep telling my wife I'm going to buy one every time she goes to the Depot with me.

Google Cabrito there are a lot of recipes .

Cheers

Okay This is now a Brethren challenge! I will pick up and underwrite the cost of the goat. Lets cook this Cabrito... It is probably more a MOFO/ILFO challenge and we need to pick a date and a site and get this MOFO/ILFO MOJO goat cooked! Date I am not sure but my first thought for a site would be Manito IL or Mid MO... Maybe we could use the Mistress to cook the goat... You know who you are... Discuss...

Okay This is now a Brethren challenge! I will pick up and underwrite the cost of the goat. Lets cook this Cabrito... It is probably more a MOFO/ILFO challenge and we need to pick a date and a site and get this MOFO/ILFO MOJO goat cooked! Date I am not sure but my first thought for a site would be Manito IL or Mid MO... Maybe we could use the Mistress to cook the goat... You know who you are... Discuss...
Great! Since you are underwriting it, where can I send the bill for the goat I'll be buying this week? Properly done cabrito may be the best BBQ that there is...

Marty, Why don't you cook the ol stinky thing! Here is a pic from El Salvador.

Chile2008280w.jpg

You know exactly who the candidate for this gig is........C O W G I R L ........damn thing will come out smiling and cooked perfect! Ask her Ash, Please, Please, Please

You know exactly who the candidate for this gig is........C O W G I R L ........damn thing will come out smiling and cooked perfect! Ask her Ash, Please, Please, Please

My thoughts EXACTLY!! She's the first one that came to mind. Take that pig she cooked in a hole in the ground but just substitute it with the goat!! Some damn good eats right there. Barbacoa de Cabrito. Roasting like a whole hog is nice too, but it's too lean and tends to dry it out.
Whip out the debit card Marty. I'll take some Angus though!:mrgreen:

Um...Ive never even HEARD of cooking a goat to actually EAT! Do you know what those nasty animals eat? LOL.

On another note, what is Restaurant Depot and are there any near Atlanta?

Um...Ive never even HEARD of cooking a goat actually EAT! Do you know what those nasty animals eat? LOL.

Nothing any more nasty than a pig or chicken! Ever been to a farm?

Ash lets cook a goat!! I have a spit that it should fit on!!!

This is very upsetting to Kody and Kaiser :eek:

DSCN1056.jpg

That's a big, pretty peacaulk in the corner!:biggrin: K and K looks VERY well fed. YUM.........if Kaiser is a girl, looks like she's preggers. Gorgeous looking land.

Goat is much like lamb, maybe just a little bit more aromatic.

Cabrito, knew BrisketBob would call that one. I had cabeza de cabrito (oh really? you bury the whole head of a goat in coals and roast it in the ground, that's what is in this burrito?) or whatever it is called. The thing I learned is that it is tasty, and never ever let the all-Mexican crew get lunch for you. Then there was the Tepin and potato burrito...

I have a good friend who's wife raises goats (chivos). It is a delicacy to Arabic cultures and hispanic cultures. She's sells a young goat for $100. The meats more tender when young. My cousin had a fiesta last year, q'd a goat and folks that had never eaten it gave rave reviews. I've never slaughtered an animal before or I might venture into q'in some goat.

Um...Ive never even HEARD of cooking a goat to actually EAT! Do you know what those nasty animals eat? LOL.

On another note, what is Restaurant Depot and are there any near Atlanta?

Yeah, there are two, both north of downtown.

Membership is free, but you have to be affiliated with a company/non-profit/KCBS member. It's like the Sam's or Costco for the restaurant industry.

Back