Newbie here got a question

tugbone

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Is there a way of making hot water using the smoker like running a copper pipe or exchanger in the smoker. And hooking up a quick connect on
one side of the smoker for the hose conection and a spicket on the other side and get hot water out of it as needed for cleaning. Anybody seen or done this before. Thanks

Water expands as it's heated, so you have to have some type of pressure relief device.

Yes redneck waterheater mod lol yea I know it will need some type of relief if you have water running thru all the time but what if you set it on like an insta hot were
u hook up the hose get the amount of hot water u need pull the hose off and let it drain out would that work or you would still need a pressure valve.

I'm not sure that it would heat that fast. but I am very interested to see it work.

I just throw a pot of water & a kettle on the firebox.

No pressure tank needed...

Just make sure you place the valve before the firebox. That way, any residual water in the heating coil will just drain out as it expands.

A friend of mine vended two and three days days a week for several years with a system like this. The outlet of the pump was tee'd off, one side went straight to the faucet, the other side ran through a coil of copper line inside the cook chamber. It worked well and he never had the pipe burst. Not to say that it wouldn't happen, but it didnt in all the time that he used it. Gotta remember though.. that water is about twice as hot as the hot water at your house and it will hurt you bad.

There are advantages and disadvantages to the set-up but overall it was a good functioning system. Like puppyboy, I personally keep a kettle of water on the firebox and it provides just fine for my needs.

Just make sure you place the valve before the firebox. That way, any residual water in the heating coil will just drain out as it expands.
Cool so it will work this is what we were thinking I know putting water on the firebox is a great idea but you go thew it fast we just want to make like portable sink to clean things up sanitary with warm to hot water nothing to peal you skin off thats for sure. Awsome I guess its time to try this mod. Thanks guys for your expert input.

Back