Okie Smokie

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stucue74

Dear fellow smokers,

My name is Bryan. I've owned my Bandera since 10/03. I've got all the recommended mods and have to say they make all the difference.

My day job has me wearing a suit handling investments and insurance for clients. But my true passion is spending three quarters of a day mopping ribs and chitlens for friends and family. Last night I couldn't sleep cause I couldn't come up with the perfect/efficient combination of meats for the Beast for our annual 4th of July backyard bash----go figure, today is January 22.

Anyway, I'm delighted that there is a support group out there for guys like me. That's what this is? Isn't it?

Bryan in OKC

Welcome to the group Bryan. The group of people here have a lot of knowledge and opinions that can get you through most anything.

your talking to a load of guys who sleep on a couch with a thermometer next to them.. or go to sleep covered with soot and smelling like smoke.

so you tell me>> ya think this is a support group??

Welcome to the couch... ignore the sticky stuff, its BBQ sauce.

Welcome Bryan. There's a lot of good info, good experienced cookers, and plain ol' good folks here.

Beings you are in OK, do you use the Oklahoma Joe's Yard Bird and Hog Rub?

Eugene

Welcome Bryan, I've cooked outside so much my kids come home and smell wood smoke and want to know what's for supper.

Stucue74 said:
Dear fellow smokers,
Anyway, I'm delighted that there is a support group out there for guys like me. That's what this is? Isn't it?

Bryan in OKC

Welcome to the Group. Just consider us a big jock strap with a pleasant odor. :wink:

racer_81 said:
Welcome Bryan. There's a lot of good info, good experienced cookers, and plain ol' good folks here.

Beings you are in OK, do you use the Oklahoma Joe's Yard Bird and Hog Rub?

Eugene

Eugene, I've heard good things about OK Joe's Yard Bird and Hog Rub, but I haven't used it. I have my own rub that I borrowed off the old yahoo BD site recipe section, it's pretty tasty. Actually, someone here may have left that recipe. Kudos....

willkat98 said:
When I go out of town, the kids start panic-ing "Oh no, what will we eat?"

Welcome Bryan.

As for the 4th, did you save enough room in the Dera for a cast iron pot full of baked beans or some salsa chile?

Don't make me start that process again. I almost had the right combo of butts, ribs, and wings. I'll need another Beast for beans or salsa. Although, I like the addition....

That's not a problem for Bill. You need to see his Christmas card. His only problem is figuring out which of his "family" to use.

Does anyone have a scanner to scan that picture in and post it?

Is that even possible? I think I got the negatives. I'll need to go convert it if someone can't scan.

Yeah, Mama Cass might be seeing some Chili this weekend. And a ham sandwich.

brdbbq said:
Stucue74 said:
Dear fellow smokers,

Bryan in OKC

Welcome to the Group. Just consider us a big jock strap with a pleasant odor. :wink:

EEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't go THAT far!!!!!

Hey Bryan,

Had my Bandera about the same amount of time as you. The mods do make a difference. Welcome to the insanity, and remember, when you can't pick a fight with the wife, you got 250 of us here ready to argue. :twisted: :twisted: LOL

Can just imagine what all the new guys think. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back