• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

re-working marketing material, round II

tmcmaster

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hey all - Trying to re-work the pomotional flyer, looking for some objective input from anyone willing to offer it. Don't hold back, we learn more from negatives than positives...

Thanks!!

Attachments

• PMRBBQ2.pdf
    275.6 KB · Views: 127
Not too bad. I would make sure the image on the front is scaled proportionately though. It looks to be stretched to be tall.

Also It looks like you may have some tabs in the text you don't need since it is centered and the line spacing on the first lines of text looks funky. The "Family First" drop shadow looks a bit off from the others and makes my eyes feel funky.

Other than those minor things It look good. Nice layout, easy to read and lots of white space. Though some BBQ pron could be nice.:-D

(Yeah I'm a graphic designer by trade :icon_blush:)

<--- past history with packaging for food. Previous customers are Little Debbies,
Bryers Ice Cream and many others.

I agree with Grafixgibbs, particularly on a few pics of pron, the type that makes them
salivate just by looking at your flyer. Find the 2 or 3 pics that makes them want to
dial your number right now, whether they have an event coming up or not. The old
saying "A picture is worth a thousand words" cannot be more true. By the way, I
thought your wording was pretty darned good and got your point across well. Now,
make 'em hurt! :)

You have a lot of wasted space, and only one picture of product. Some lettering needs to be larger and easier to read. Phone number especially needs to be larger and a darker color so it doesn't fade into the background...so that it grabs you by the skull and kicks you in the taste buds until you submit into calling and placing an order. Sorry, i got carried away.

Oh and the "just another customer" thing blows. Sounds like you've been accused of the like. Talk up your product, this is your chance.

Porter Mac's

Move your logo to the left side of the page...

Does this one look better?

Attachments

• PMRBBQ2-1.pdf
    375.3 KB · Views: 50
BTW... Thanks for all the tips guys! It is greatly appreciated!

On the top half :

1) Font is too small...
2) Left side says "call us..." but no # right under it .. lots of dead space there as well

On bottom half
1) Need to get a better picture of the ribs.. Doesn't look too appetizing. Since you have a nice rib pic on the top half, maybe a pic of the brisket since you have that as the first cutomer favorite
2) KCBS logo works... but remove the reference to "other sanctioning bodies"... Most customers won't have any idea what that means
3) you have smoked beef ribs listed twice under Customer Favorites
4) Why are some things listed as slow smoked and others as smoked ? If it's BBQ, it may be overkill to keep saying "smoked"

On the top half :

1) Font is too small...
2) Left side says "call us..." but no # right under it .. lots of dead space there as well

On bottom half
1) Need to get a better picture of the ribs.. Doesn't look too appetizing. Since you have a nice rib pic on the top half, maybe a pic of the brisket since you have that as the first cutomer favorite
2) KCBS logo works... but remove the reference to "other sanctioning bodies"... Most customers won't have any idea what that means
3) you have smoked beef ribs listed twice under Customer Favorites
4) Why are some things listed as slow smoked and others as smoked ? If it's BBQ, it may be overkill to keep saying "smoked"

Very good points. Thanks!!

I love this forum...

also, Vinny....

Best.

Ever!

Your logo on the front is still stretched. Also since you name is on your logo you don't need it again underneath it and upping the font size on the front would be a good thing.

White space does not equal dead space. White space in a brochure is good as it lets the eyes rest and the person looking at it feel more relaxed and not overwhelmed. But yes on the left side of the first page I would add the phone number again and possibly another image.

The food images help and if you have a brisket one that would be great.

Your logo on the front is still stretched. Also since you name is on your logo you don't need it again underneath it and upping the font size on the front would be a good thing.

White space does not equal dead space. White space in a brochure is good as it lets the eyes rest and the person looking at it feel more relaxed and not overwhelmed. But yes on the left side of the first page I would add the phone number again and possibly another image.

The food images help and if you have a brisket one that would be great.

Thanks! I haven't been able to change much, since I am at the silly 'day-job' and don't have Publisher or Adobe on the Sun system... Will make the adjustments later on this morning, then post for further input. So far, it has been very valuable, and much appreciated!

• Make the logo a little smaller on the front fold so that you have a 1/8" to 1/4" white space to allow for folding tolerance
  • Make the phone #'s at the bottom larger - you're also missing a "(" on the top one
  • Too many fonts - pick one, two max (including variants like bold / italic)
  • Don't mix serif and san serif fonts
  • Get rid of all the hyphenated words - turn hyphenation off
  • Fix the leading gaps on the first lines of your inner paragraphs
  • Left justify your Customer favorites list
  • Try left justifying or blocking your body text
  • Do you have a license agreement with KCBS to use their logo in a commercial manner?
There are more, but those are the big ones.

First (top) ribs pic is GREAT. Mouth watering. 2nd pic however looks burned, lets
not use that one. Also, the pic of the sandwich isn't terrible, but honestly it doesn't
do it for me...

Perhaps something like this for the sandwich shots:

img2.jpg

img1.jpg

Or, maybe request pron pics of sammies & brisket. I'm sure some of these folks
wouldn't mind if you use their pics....

Very Nice Photos .. Great .... I am only 315 lbs and now I am Farkin Hungry again :lol::lol::lol:

Perhaps a brisket pic similar to:

img6.jpg

img5.jpg

img3.jpg
Are those copy write cleared images? If not, I could be sued... And it was a POA to get the approval just for the KCBS logo...

But, thanks for all the good ideas guys... very much appreciated!

I dont think they're copyrighted. Below are the URL's where I found them. More than
anything else I was trying to get *ideas* or *examples*. However, if not copyrighted,
they're pretty good. Make the reader WANT to keep they flyer. Make it HURT to set
it down.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...mage_result&resnum=2&ct=image&ved=0CAsQ9QEwAQ

Hmmm, having a tough time finding those exact ones again. I really suggest doing
a couple of google searches, or really, ask brethren for pics. Have you seen some
of their pron pics? Wow at some of those pron-off pics.

I have been using IStockPhoto.com to get the cleared images... a little costly, but better safe than sorry...

Thanks again all!

Back