Maybe Santa will bring me this.........Traeger

igolf2

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Stopped by a local wood stove out building shop to pick up some door gasket for my airtight wood burner, on the way out I noticed they had a few Traeger pellet poopers on display. I asked out of curiosity and the guy tells me they are discontinuing selling smokers and are selling out their inventory at basically cost.
He will let me have a Traeger BBQ070 Lil Tex for $500 +tax brand new in the crate. Is this a good deal? I am not really familiar with the cost of pellet smokers. BTW the smoker has the standard control not the digital - I can pick one up later if necessary.
Anyway thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Already told the wife the Traeger will take the place of my smoker and grill :wink:

Sounds like a good price to me! The best I can find online is $613. Most places have it for $699.

I think the line is, "We can't afford NOT to buy it."

It an awesome unit. Its the first one I ever bought. I call her my black beauty she cooks up a storm. I have dragged her all over North america and she keeps chugging along. Thats a fantastic price!!!! I hope you are on the nice lice to get one :) Best of luck!

Thanks for the info! Thanks to the help I have received from all the members here its not too hard a sell for the wife, she loves my cooking and always asks what I am smoking for the weekend.

Hope it works out for ya. That's how I got my 2 070's and my 075. Gave the guy $1100 for all 3 and I don't regret it a bit.

That's a good price for the 070. It is my go to smoker when time isn't on my side. Overnighters etc... Wish I was closer so I could help that store get rid of another.

Back