Rookie's 1st Fatty gone in 5 minutes

BSea

Knows what a fatty is.
I just received my grill dome on Thursday, so decided my 1st experience with a fatty would be my 1st experience with the smoker. Despite the suggestions to start simple, I decided to put in some onion & poblano pepper & grated cheese. I prepared it on Friday night with the idea to get up early (about 4 am) to put on the grill & take to our tailgate party. Since we had an 11:20 kickoff I thought it would be a good breakfast item. I got it out, and made a few slices. The idea was to get a picture because I know if I don't have pictures it didn't happen. But it just went soooo fast I didn't get a picture.

So my fatty was a huge success . . . the Razorbacks won . . . . all in all a pretty good day.

So fatties may now become a staple in our house. I recommend that all beginners should try one of these. They're easy to prepare, not expensive at all so you don't lose sleep over possibly ruining an expensive piece of meat, and best of all, all your friends will be impressed. :-D Thanks to this forum for the ideas & suggestions. I never had heard about a fatty before reading about them here.

Today my son & I made pizzas. While not visually impressive, they did taste good. But I need more practice in this area.

Wow BSea,
Sounds like you did good Bro,,,
Puddle
But,,,:roll:

Attachments

• pichers1.jpg
    pichers1.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 212
I don't know...5 minutes is an awful long time for a fatty to sit around. Maybe you should keep practicing. When it's gone as soon as the plate hits the counter, you know you have it down. :cool:

I knew I was going to take a little "Ribbin" (Pun intended) for not having pictures. That's OK though, I'm like a kid at Christmas with this thing. And I just had to tell some people that could also appreciate my 1st small step.

My brother-in-law was really impressed with it though. He asked several questions on how I did it, and about my new grill. I may have a brethren in the family soon.:p

I knew I was going to take a little "Ribbin" (Pun intended) for not having pictures. That's OK though, I'm like a kid at Christmas with this thing. And I just had to tell some people that could also appreciate my 1st small step.

My brother-in-law was really impressed with it though. He asked several questions on how I did it, and about my new grill. I may have a brethren in the family soon.:p
And THAT's what's important.:cool:

Note to self: When feeding friends smoked items from grill, always and I mean ALWAYS keep camera in other hand, because as you have learned young grasshopper the shoet goes FAST! I'm sure you had fun! keep it up...

If you are gonna brag you better show some pictures! lol

Whats best is you had fun and then did some cooking with the boy. Thats the best part of the story.

Great story...truelly love it!
But what Skip said....

Next time show us some pron like Ross in Ventura's last thread and we'll call it even!:wink:

yep, never cook 1 fattie.
even the rookies (me too) get it right, although 5 minutes may be long. 1 fattie won't last a whole shutter click.
Go to Sam's and buy at least 2 JDs at a time.

Sounds like you had fun.

Back