Greetings from the Heartland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigdog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I have been lerking here for a while and thought that I should introduce myself. My name is Steve and I am a middle school teacher out here in the Heartland (Central Kansas). This is prime beef country, but pork is very popular too.

I have been interested in smoking meat for a long time. One of my scout leaders introduced it to us by cooking a large slab of meat hanging from a rope all day long over a campfire. He would just cut small pieces off it and give us a small sample. I wanted to eat the whole thing! It was wonderful!! I guess that it was probably brisket, and we were eating jerky.

Some 30 years later I bought my first smoker, a Brinkman water smoker, and have made some great ribs and brisket. This year I made the leap and bought a real smoker, the Bandera. I still like my water smoker, but I love the Bandera.

I have been married to the same woman for 25 years and have recently adopted 2 school age children. They all love my smoked meat too. I look forward to learning more about smoking and the use of the Bandera from this interesting and diverse group.

Steve

Chalk up another one for the midwest chapter. Howdy and welcome.
I'm a rather newbie myself. My cooking experience has gotten so much better just from hanging out with and learning from the Bandera Masters.
Enjoy and post often!

Glad to have another Heartlander. I'm rather new here myself, but enjoy the site greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back