sauce competition questions?

kitch

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I am looking for some advice on helping a high schooler with a project.

He needs to make a sauce and research it for marketing and selling.

He was suggest by his advisor to try to enter it into a contest. Is there any upcoming mail in homemade sauces coming up?

Any additional advice or help would be greatly appriciated.

help!!!!

I know this is the place to ask for help....dont let me down!!!!

ok a sick bump and a plead for help but i need it

Don't know of any 'mail in' contests. Some local comps. or festivals might have a sauce category.

You could mail a sample of the sauce to one of the Brethren for judging... (if the sauce is any good that is :-D).

Where in Minnesota are you? You may wish to go to the KCBS website and see if there are any contests close by you. If there are get in touch with the organizer. Since it is a school project they may wave the fee to join the sauce category.

If that doesn't work I'm sure, like Northwoods said, you could enlist the help of the Brethren. Put it out there that you need a group of judges, there are enough certified judges here to help, to taste his sauce. This board and its member should be a legitimate enough group to appease his teacher.

I hope this helps.

I think there is something in NC or SC you can send in sauce too. Also, doesnt the fiery foods show have a sauce contest? I dont know dates on any of these.

I think the competition idea is to get a read on the sauce and how it stacks up in the marketplace relative to known standards. I think you should put it out to a half-dozen of the judges or competitors that lurk around here (or those that post like crazy even) and do the market research that way. It will be just as valid as a competition in terms of marketing research. The only way a competitions would make a huge difference is if he takes first in a major competition.

a few ideas i'll relay to him...

thank you for your imput..

Back