• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Chicken Tonight

landarc

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
First off, thanks to BBQBull who gave me some very helpful insight to cooking chicken, this was some good chicken.

Now, first and foremost, the pron...
P9120250.jpg

P9120251.jpg

P9120254.jpg

This chicken cook was all thighs, cause I like thighs, yes I do. It was given a basic rub combo of equal parts poultry seasoning, Mother rub, dry mustard and seasoned salt. I then started the charcoal, one chimney of Kingsford lump and several small chunks of cherry. Once the coals were dumped and the kettle warmed up (more on this later) the chicken was put on, and allowed to sit there for 50 minutes. It was glazed with Blues Hog Sauce thinned with Mirin (sweet sake) and Amontillado sherry (think semi-dry sherry here) for ten minutes.

Now, back to that charcoal, I am liking this stuff, but, it burns hot and fast (and I don't mean brisket hot and fast). I dumped the chimney and went inside to prep the chicken. Went back out and thought the thermo was broke, said it was 0. Tapped it and nothing, opened up the kettle and it was ripping! Well over the thermo's 500 degree max :eek:. Closed up the bottom vents a bit, dropped it to 400F and it went like that for the entire cook.

bob i can't find a thing wrong with it except that i do not have any of it!!:biggrin:

Back