THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin
Staff member

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Phil
Picked up Niel at noon

Brisket in

2 pork butts

3 racks spares

another breakfast brisket

pork loin

POOPIE load of turds

eggs and bacon breakfast.

4 more cases beer

this is just up to 3pm.

Bash Bite " I got plenty of Nupricanal, We're covered"

#2 " He really cleans his probes"

#3 "I prefer to swallow. Oh, thats your feminine side"

#4" everyone shut up, Brian wants to talk. Go head Brian"

#5 "Nooooooooooooooooooooo"

Okay, Day 3 is over.

I wil need a few days to recuperate and Phil is at Fleeetwood Mac/

One final bash bite:

Ticket Counter: Sir, it looks like your flight is dealyed and hour and a half"
Neil (St Loius): Thats' okay, I gonna go tak a piss that will last a half an hour"

Brethren,
I hope to get as much up as posssilble in the next 2 days, but 2 bottlews of Cabo Wabo Tequila (you da man harry) and such has got me slowed.

Havent drank 2.5 cases in 2 days in a long time

Brian, you want a shot?

"NOoOooooooooooooooo"

Just touching base. 41 hours after leaving home to the minute I'm back home. Only my first flight was delayed. Made the second. Pissed 4 times from Long Island to St. Louis. Geeezus we drank a lot of beer. My piss smells like a brewery.

I'm going to bed...

Good times...good times...

Thank You Phil
WOW what a weekend! :D Best time I've had in a long time.
It was great to finally get to meet & talk Q with some of the members.
Monday am farts smell like smoke and pee like beer..... Haven't had that happen in a long time.
Pass the Cabo...
Hey Ray more Cabo in your coffee?
Brian, Sunday 7:30 am, as he looks in the cooler... no more water?.... oh well, as he cracks open a corona....
Gary Siedlik

BASH II

No flights delayed, got back right on schedule.
If anybody here offers me a shot of Cabo I just might
have to get on a chair and slap ‘em. :evil:
This weekend ranks in the top three, and that
includes a trip to Disneyland when I was 11.
Yes Neil I said Disneyland. I am THAT old.
Only problem I had, was having to leave at all! :cry:
HELLOFAPARTY.........Thank's Phil and Sharon. :lol:
Sharon, you are a special kind of lady to put
up with a bunch of nut cases like us for three days,
OH wait !!! You live with the head nut 24/7. My condolences. :twisted:
By the way do you think that car salesman will ever be the same?? :shock:
Harry S.C.

All they above and then some. Flight from Long Island to Cleveland was fine. Cleveland to Dallas blew big time, had tubulents the entire trip so could not get up to use the head. Plane shook the whole trip I don't think it was just me. Offerd us a smoked ham sandwich on the flight. I took a seven up and a pillow. Sleep most of the way. Anywya got to bed bout midnight, up at 5AM and now at work. Wonder how long I will last ?

Thanks to all had the best that I can remember.

"Chad you take a breath yet ?"

You guys made my summer.

Perfect bookends, Bash 1 to kick it off, Bar Bash Bites in St Louis in August to keep it going, then end it with Bash 2 and the Seafood fest in the Midwest.

Best part I took home from Bash 2 (besides the website of the Jalepeno Jelly (You da man David Hamman, those jelly ribs were the bomb)) was being able to share my "goto" pork loin with a group of folks that I respect there input on, and getting nothing but kudos.

Thanks guys (and thank TK for the brisket method that I applied to the loin). I will post the loin method in the recipes section. I encourage all the Brethren to try it, cuz it now has 8 or 9 testimonials available of fellow members.

Well, I am gathering bites, and the stories that go along with them, and will post some shortly.

"Do you prefer the term little people?" God damn was that funny.

Speaking of that Jelly...uh, could you post that site? Some of us didn't think to write it down, and probably would have last it if we had tried. I took a few pix of the jar, but I dunno if they'll come out. Especially since I had the crappy camera. Next time I'm bringing the digital.

nthole said:
Speaking of that Jelly...uh, could you post that site? Some of us didn't think to write it down, and probably would have last it if we had tried. I took a few pix of the jar, but I dunno if they'll come out. Especially since I had the crappy camera. Next time I'm bringing the digital.
Hey Guy, be careful. That stuff could short circuit your Easy Bake!! :twisted:
Harry S.C.
Oh and I'm still sorry about your father. :lol:

The Habanero Jelly was spoon licking good -- we'd tried it before applying it to the first rib -- it done real nice on the ribs.

That pork loin was SUPER -- Phil and I had some cold and warmed up on Monday and it cut like butter but kept it shape and didn't shred -- super, super job. Please do post the recipe/procedure.

David
alias "Chad" (didn't know I'd picked up the nickname until Sunday :D)

David Hamman,

We took your Jalepeno jelly and put it on the ribs after the meat started to pull back from the bone, as we wrapped in foil. Back in the cooker for 3 hours.

Jelly made a knock dick glaze.

Awesome
gonna work on them folks for group discount. You may just have the "goto" rib jelly on your hands for this group.

Okay, so you think you are a Brethren?

Try this.

The BRETHREN was FOUNDED on experimenting.

Not about "you must do this" or "you must do that"

HELL, we spent like a year shoving every type of sausage in a pork loin.

So the above is a testament to a method I stumbled on, using a brisket method TK originally posted on Yahoo.

DO NOT listen to anyone about temperature.

ANYONE that posts here saying this it "too much" has not tried the method.

Pork loin. Not tenderloin. 4# cryosuck halves, or 8# Cosco wholes

Rub 12 hours before in favorite rub.

Cook at 225* or so, spritzing with whatever.

When at 175 or so, wrap in foil after spraying liberally.

Take to 190*

pull off the cooker, and into the cooler.

After couple hours, unwrap. WATCH OUT FOR JUICE. Cut into 1" slices. serve.

DO NOT let someone tell you 190 is too much for loin.

DO NOT let someone tell you the loin will be dry.

Chad's post was the kicker for me here.

When I got his vote, I felt I accomplished something.

David Hamman,

We took your Jalepeno jelly and put it on the ribs after the meat started to pull back from the bone, as we wrapped in foil. Back in the cooker for 3 hours.

Jelly made a knock dick glaze.

Awesome
gonna work on them folks for group discount. You may just have the "goto" rib jelly on your hands for this group.

Sounds like a great time, knock dick glaze and all. Where's this pork recipe, Bill?

Back