First Competition - First Call!

SirPorkaLot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I am still stunned.
Entered the backyard division at the Atlanta BBQ Festival that just ended.

We took third place in Chicken! (a trophy & money!)

Now to understand the full implications, you must understand, that I have been working on my chicken, and have not been the least bit satisfied with the results. While my ribs I thought were some of the best I had ever made.

Didn't place in Ribs, but did in Chicken - go figure.

I will post the full results as soon as I get them.

Thanks a ton to the Brethren! For whatever tips I picked up on competition chicken, came from the people on this site!
I will be subscribing to this site to help give back to the people that gave to me.

Thanks all!

Congratulations! You are hooked now and have already witnessed first hand the paradox of cooking competition BBQ. What you like the judges hate. What you hate the judges love.

We had a blast! - Of course I past being exhausted many hours ago, so I am headed to bed. :icon_sick

C O N G R A T S

Funny, I've had many of the same results. I had a time when my
chicken was great, but my ribs placed 3rd and nothing in chicken...
Then, the next one, ribs great but didnt place, chicken was ok and
placed 2nd... Go figure.

Curious, how many pro and back-yard teams were at the event?

There was approx. 40 teams total I think, about half & half

Ended up being a beautiful day and Atlantians came out in force. Real good turnout for an inaugural event

There was approx. 40 teams total I think, about half & half

Ended up being a beautiful day and Atlantians came out in force. Real good turnout for an inaugural event

Again, CONGRATS. I hope you enjoyed it. Sounds like you had a great
time. I hope to catch you guys around here or there over the next
year...

Go get some shut-eye!!!

well, that first call will end up being the most expensive thing possible.....once the bug bites, it itches forever........Congrats

Congrats, Bro! nice job!

If there is one thing that i have learned through competitions it is that if i think one of our categories stinks that is the one that we will get a call in. Guaranteed :-D

As tired as I am - you are right. Am already looking to decide which is the next one I attend.

Dammit!

Great job. Stop by the Lake Oconee BBQ and Blues Festival 25th-26th September if you get the chance!

Back