new k briquette

mbshop

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
rumor is kingsford is coming out with a new briq for next year.

Whaaaaat, they going to a "Flavor of the Month" next?

Probably the old formula, that is why the recent problems. They will probably charge 30% more.

I don't know if this is new or not but it is the first time I have seen it. I was looking for the competition briq to try and right next to it was briq's with hickory mixed in. I bought a couple of bags and not really sure if I like it or not. Maybe a couple more trys.

Kingsford seems to have all but disappeared from the stores around here for some reason. Buddy of mine called Saturday and told me that Lowes in Katy had a big sale, 18 pound bag for $8.47 witha BOGO thrown in. I asked how much they had and he said two full pallets. I didn't feel like driving the 18 miles there during the weekend so I stopped on the way home from work Tuesday. All gone. Hit two more Lowes afterward and still none. Had my coupon ready and all. BTW, I have never seen a bag of Kingsford comp down here.

I don't know if this is new or not but it is the first time I have seen it. I was looking for the competition briq to try and right next to it was briq's with hickory mixed in. I bought a couple of bags and not really sure if I like it or not. Maybe a couple more trys.

I've tried the Kingsford with Hickory and I liked the results. Your results may vary.

Kingsford seems to have all but disappeared from the stores around here for some reason. Buddy of mine called Saturday and told me that Lowes in Katy had a big sale, 18 pound bag for $8.47 witha BOGO thrown in. I asked how much they had and he said two full pallets. I didn't feel like driving the 18 miles there during the weekend so I stopped on the way home from work Tuesday. All gone. Hit two more Lowes afterward and still none. Had my coupon ready and all. BTW, I have never seen a bag of Kingsford comp down here.

I ended up getting 18 bags between the 2 local Lowes stores. Like i explained to wifey" but honey they are on sale":biggrin:

16 bags regular using coupon at Wallyworld. Had 18lb on sale for $7.50, and they
had Ballpark Beef hotdogs on sale for $2.50. $4 total after coupon. Doesn't suck.
That's 16 bags and counting...

Used the Hickory K with our Pig Roast a couple weekends ago, we allliked how it turned out. Didn't notice anything vastly different but it was good all the same.

Back